4.20.2009

Our Vacation w/ an Amazing Surprise!

Warning: Picture Overload!
What a week we had! It was so fun and exciting. To start off, last weekend I had a pretty rough weekend being away from home and family on Easter. Homesick always gets the best of me on holidays. I just couldn't wait till Thursday morning, to get out of town and go to Florida. Well, come Tuesday I was pretty stressed and overwhelmed with packing, cleaning, laundry, and getting Pre-Camp all ready for my young women. I sat with Lance at breakfast that morning and just vented to him, and on the verge of crying. He comforted me, like always, and told me that him and Layla would go pick me up a little surprise later on that day... Anyway, later on Tuesday afternoon he told me that he had to go work out and run his friend to pick up his truck. I asked if I could go with him and he told me no :( He NEVER tells me no. I was so sad. What a day it had been and he told me no! After he had been gone for 2 whole hours I was pretty upset and to blow off some steam Layla and I went to our bedroom to take a little nap, and about 10 minutes later...

Surprise!
Ah..I thought I was in a wonderful dream. My mother was standing right over me! What a way to wake up! I cried and just hugged her forever. I'm so glad she came! (Lance had left to pick my mom up at the airport, needless to say I forgave him right away)
So then on early Thursday morning we were off to Navarre Beach, Florida. My sister-in-law's uncle owns a beautiful condo/beach house and we had the pleasure of staying in it. It was amazing.

Here's Grandma Chivers enjoying the ride with Layla.

Lance had been in the car to long! I thought he looked so cute on this bike. He was riding it so proper!

After grabbing a bit to eat, we hit my all time favorite store: Williams-Sonoma
Uncle Dane picking on Layla while she was asleep. He never wanted her to sleep. He was always trying to wake her up!
The Beach
Layla's first on the beach. Unfortunately it was really windy and we only stayed out there for about 5 minutes. But we had to snap some pictures.
Gotta love him

It was really nice out on the deck, so we just relaxed there for a little while.

One of Layla's favorite uncles. She loves sleeping on him like this. (can you see her little fuzz top!)
McQuires Irish Pub
MmmMmm... this resturant was delicious! This is Lacey and Dane with her mom Qwen and her dad Russell.
Our table. Jenny and Hobgood Lance, Greg, Amanda, and my mother!
Me and my Love
I think we look alike in this picture...
The atmosphere of this resturant was so awesome. They had dollars bills hanging everywhere. There's an estimated 785,000 dollars on the walls and ceilings with people names' on them. My mom and I added ours too. Hope they have great insurance...

Aunt Lacey and Layla
The condo from the back.
A little, and I mean a little alone time
The living room
Kitchen area
View from the balcony
Master bath
Our bedroom. This condo has 5 huge bedrooms. I have pictures of all, but this post is already so so long!
We had such a great week. It was pretty hard dropping my mom off at the airport this morning, but I'm so glad she was able to come and visit. She was here for alot of Layla's firsts. It's comforting to know that I'll be home in a month from today! Yay!

5 comments:

Kayla said...

Oh my gosh that makes me sooo happy that you got such a great surprise!! It looks like you guys had a blast! I'm jealous! Love ya

Kayla said...

PS I love all your pictures and I love all your clothes! And your hair!

TOYA said...

how exciting. I am so freakin' jealous. i still have 4 more weeks til i see my mom.

Our Life said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! All I can think is I can't to see you next month-and give Layla lots of loves. You are looking great-don't get too skinny!!!

Binghams said...

wow, so jelous :) vacations are a life saver. its amazing what it can do for your life :) She is getting so big!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...