Dear Marx,
We made it!! We made it to your first birthday!
Feww....
We both survived it, and for the longest time I didn't think we would.
It's been a tough year. I feel for every mother that complains about a baby that cries a lot, because
well, you cried A LOT! Everyday I'd just tell myself, "Just get to his first birthday, he'll get so much happier!" Let's hope that's the case.
You have been a bit happier this past week.
I don't know if it's because you're not nursing anymore during the day, and you're actually
getting fed. (I'm worried I starved you for 12 months, and that's why you were so fussy, but you were always right on track with weight...it's a mystery!)
Maybe it's just because you're a momma's boy.
Don't worry, I still love you to pieces, but I am SO ready for this next phase in your life!!
You give the best kisses EVER.
Every time we say, "Marx! Give me kisses!" or "Marx, can I have a kiss!" or just "Kisses?"
You come darting at us with your little mouth wide open like a baby bird.
It's adorable, and on most days, you just keep on giving them.
You're trying so hard to talk.
You say:
Mama
Dada
and
uh uh uh uh uh uh- Oh!
Which is Uh-Oh.
Stinking adorable!
And other times you'll just use your baby words, and we'll just talk along with you.
You'll get so excited like you're really telling us a story.
You still are a little champ at sleeping.
I'll take a baby that sleeps any day!! Because, let's face it, if I don't get my sleep, I'm not a happy mommy!
You lie down on your own for both your naps and at bed time.
I still wish you'd let me rock you, but you just would rather me put you down and let you
cuddle your duck.
(which actually used to be your sister's duck that she cuddled and slept with too.)
Just this last week you started to wrestle with your daddy, me and your sister!
It's so stinking adorable, and it makes your daddy so happy. His exact words were,
"I've been waiting all year for him to do this!!"
You're sister will lie on the floor for you and you'll run over to her and plop right down on her.
It's a joy that I don't know how to explain, watching you play like that with your sister.
Your favorite treats are:
chocolate chip teddy grams
animal crackers
chocolate cheerios
graham crackers
bananas
and of course
anything chocolate
When your daddy gets home work, you'll walk right over to him and hang on his legs until
he picks you up. It makes him so happy that you're so happy to see him.
You're big sister loves you so much.
I know at times it may seem like she doesn't, like yesterday for example, when she picked you
up and sat you under the sprinkler. I was trying so hard not to laugh and tell her that you didn't like that, but she just wanted you to have fun like she was.
When you're sad, she'll sing I am a Child of God to you, and it almost always calms you do.
She also loves to feed you, and if you don't like it, she'll say, "Look at me brother, I'll eat it! Mmm, it's good!" You're a pretty lucky guy to have such a great big sister!
You love watching:
Rio
Baby Einsteins
Tom and Jerry
Backyardigans
Dora
and
Diego
You still have the pretties blue eyes, and get compliments daily on how adorable you are.
Everyone always says, "OMG! Look at that blonde hair and his blue eyes!"
I'm a very proud momma. You are a very handsome man.
And really, you look just like your daddy.
You lucky little fella!
We'll buddy, I love you to pieces. Let's hope for a better year this next year!
Let's try to be happy how bout?!
Happy 1st Birthday! I can't believe it's already here!!
Love,
Your Proud Mommy

1 comment:
Happy Birthday Mr.Marx!!!!!!
such a Gorgeous lil man!!!!
Post a Comment