4.02.2012

Marx is 11 months old!

Dear Marx,

YOU ARE WALKING!!
You've been taking steps for a month or so, but on the 30th, the day after you turned 11 months, you
let go of the couch and walked to the TV console. And from then on out, you've been walking
everywhere. It's adorable. You walk with your arms straight up in the air like you're
praisin Jesus! You do your best when you're barefoot. But now I'm really going to have
to make sure you have shoes on wherever we go!
Here you are in action...

You're eating more and more regular food. Breakfast food is your all time favorite.
You take after me when it comes to loving breakfast!
I'd say pancakes and biscuits and gravy are what you like to eat the most.

You're sitting in a front facing car seat now.
When grandma and papa came to visit, grandma felt bad for you because you
were always trying to sit up and see what was going on around you in your car seat.
So, she bought you a new car seat.
(I knew it was time for a big boy seat, but liked that I could still carry you in your little boy seat when you fell asleep. Specially on our way to church.)
I'll look back at you and say, "Marx! You're such a big boy now!" and you'll kick your feet and squeal, almost like you're agreeing with me.


You've been happier the past month.
And I hope by saying that I'm not jinxing myself.
We still have our days when you whine and cry a lot, but they getting fewer
and farther between. Hope it stays that way!

You love to wave "hi" and "bye bye".
And you also blow kisses now.
Patti-cake is an all time favorite game,
and Baby Einstein is still a favorite for you.
You love Baird the Dragon,
aka "Blah."
And you're way of communicating is to scream at the top of your lungs.
It either means, I'm hungry, I'm thirsty, I'm done, or I'm tired.

You love being outside.
I'll open the doors and you'll zoom by whatever may be in your way to get out that door
before I close it.
You also love swinging in your swing.
I love watching your white hair in the wind when I push you.

You and Layla are the best of friends.
Sure, she can aggravate you, but when it comes down to it, you love having
her to play with and visa versa. If she tries to lay down on the couch and take a nap when
you're awake, you make sure that's not going to happen.
And now that you're walking, you follow her everywhere she goes, or
she'll say, "Come on bud! Let's go play!" I need to enjoy that, because I know it won't last long!

You're still a great sleeper, at night and during the day.
You take your 2 naps.
10:30AM and 3:30PM
Going to bed around 8:30PM waking around 8:00AM
I got very blessed on that aspect.
AND
you liked to be nursed, then laid down.
You'll then go to sleep on your own.
Such a good little man :)

Speaking of nursing, I'm starting to ween (sp?) you.
You usually only nurse at your nap times and at night.
Somehow I'll take one or two of those feedings out before you turn one,
then I'll stop cold turkey.
It's going to be rough for the both of us, but you're just getting to big to nurse.
You'll kick me, pull my hair, stick your fingers in my mouth/nose, and heck even try to sit up
while you're nursing.
So yeah, you're about ready to be done.

You get compliments daily about how handsome you are.
I hear "My goodness! He looks just like a Gerber baby!" two or three times a week.
So yeah, you're adorable.
Everyone loves your white hair too.
You get that from your daddy.

We love you little man!
Can't believe you're almost 1 year old!!

Love,
Your Proud Mommy


 

2 comments:

susieQ said...

WOW!!!WOW!!! he is so far beyond GORGEOUS!! how time flies!!
my Logan used to walk with arms straight out {like a mummy}.
CUTE!!CUTE!!!
Ya'll have some BEAUTIFUL BABIES!!!
Happy SPRING!!!!

The Fab 5 said...

aww hes's so sweet and adorable! it's amazing how time flies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...