Lavender.
It's an amazing oil. This oil is what got Lance to be a believer of essential oils. Last summer he got a really bad sunburn and was using aloe vera to help soothe it. He still was loosing sleep and couldn't get comfortable with his sunburn. So I said, "Baby, please just let me squirt some Lavender on your back." I filled up a small squirt bottle with water then put in about 3 drops of Lavender. He burn was instantly gone. He was able to lay down and go to sleep instantly, and slept the whole night through without tossing and turning because of his sunburn. So, like I said, it did it for him. It's also a calming and soothing oil, so I'm sure that was another reason why he got such a great night sleep.
Just this past weekend, I was blow drying my hair while Marx was at my feet playing with all sorts of things I could entertain him with. Every time I ran the flat iron through my hair I made sure that the cord wasn't hanging where Marx would reach it. Well, his little fingers caught the cord just as I was laying it down and somehow his little foot got wedged between the flat iron part! I screamed! He whimpered just a bit, but I INSTANTLY got my Lavender out and rubbed it all over his little foot and we didn't hear a peep out of him after that. No one with cry, he just went on playing with all his little gadets. AND he has a huge purple blister on the top of his foot, so I know it got him good. You all know how burns are. They throb and hurt for hours. Well, not with Lavender. It takes the burn out instantly. It's amazing.
Other uses of Lavender:
(when in doubt, use your Lavender)
-anxiety
-arthritis
-asthma
-balancing body systems
-boils
-bronchitis
-bruises
-cold sores
-relieves headaches
-influenza
-migrane headaches
-spains
-sunburns
-burns
-whooping cough
-throat infections
-ear aches
-ear infections
That's just to name a few. I also put it in a spray bottle and spray it on our bed sheets and pillows each week after I wash our bedding, and rub it on Layla and Marx's feet each night after their bathes. It helps that is smells delicious too!
If you have any questions send me an email.
LTS_28@yahoo.com or ljspiers@gmail.com


No comments:
Post a Comment