4.17.2012

DIY Bow Ties


I've been wanting to either make Marx some bow ties or buy some.
Buying them seemed more and more ridiculous as I searched for tutorials on the web.
So...
I was inspired here.

You will need:
-Fabric (cotton works fine as long as you use the starch)
-Scissors
-Iron
-Heavy Starch
-Hold glue gun
-mini alligator clips

1. Cut your fabric 9"x3". Find the center of your fabric by measuring 1.5" down and 4.5" inches over. Using a pen, make a dot. That will be your guide.
2. The first bow tie I made was to flimsy (sp?) So I got out my heavy starch, sprayed my fabric and ironed it. It made a HUGE different in how the bow tie held it's shape.
3. & 4. Fold your ends in like a present then fold your sides in to that little dot you made in the beginning. Then iron.
5. I then put a very small dot of hot glue on the end and folded that in too. Iron.
6. Fold both your ends into that dot, once again. Glue.
7. Cut a 9"x1" piece of fabric, fold both ends in and iron.
8. Glue one end on the back and wrap around your bow tie.
9. & 10. I then used a mini alligator clip, clipped it onto the fabric then glued to the back of the bow tie. That way it looked very clean.
WaLa! You got yourself an adorable little bow tie for your little man! Easy Peasy!

Jessie's Tip: I ironed every fold that I made. It made the bow tie look much nicer than the first one I made!

1 comment:

Stan & Ash said...

SO cute! I made some ( a diff tutorial) the other day! Now i just need a little guy to give them too! Marx will just look so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...