Ok, so I'm sure everyone has heard about Essential oils. Heck, while I was in Esthetics school, we studied a whole section on holistic lifestyles and the uses of essential oils, and to be quite honest, I thought it was a bunch of quack!
So..
My sister briefly talked to me about them about a year a a half ago, while I was pregnant with Marx. She soon had my mother hooked along with a lot of other family members. It wasn't long before my mom was calling and telling me about doTERRA Essential Oils and the amazing things they were doing for her.
I still thought my family was going cooky!! Well, my mother insisted I have the oils in my house so she bought the Family Physicians Kit for me. You wanna know what I did? I put it in my closet! I had no idea what the heck to do with essential oils, and to be quite honest I was a bit intimidated by them.
To make a long story not as long. Shortly after I had Marx, I was having a problem with my milk supply. It just wasn't coming in (I had the same problem with Layla and she only nursed for 6 months) and both Marx and I were getting really frustrated. My mom, of course, was here with me and boldly said, "Go get your oils and your book and let's see what we can do!" I listened. It was simple. It gave to two options of oils to use. Clary Sage and Basil. All I needed to do was apply on my chest and neck, or I could take it internally in gel capsules. I did both! I was desperate to get my milk in. (I seriously had tried everything)
Let me tell you something. The next day, probably less than 24 hours later. It was impossible for me to keep my shirts dry. I wasn't squirting milk, but I was producing. It was amazing. I was actually getting the "let down" feeling that I had heard every other mother talk about. Of course, my body eventually adapted to what Marx actually needed. BUT, I was producing milk. And for me, that was it. That's all I needed to know that these oils weren't as quack as I thought they were.
I have a lot of other miraculous stories about these oils that I'll share with you another time. But seriously look into doTERRA Essential Oils. You won't regret it! I'm going to start sharing some Essential wellness tips real soon, so stay turned!! Until then, go read up on it. It's pretty amazing.


1 comment:
I'm really interested in these... is there like a basic list that tells what certain oils are good for? Like stress, breast milk, energy, ect?
Let me know!
Whitney
Post a Comment