5.11.2009

Mother's Day

I told my mom I never knew how special Mother's Day was until I had Layla. And it's so true. I felt so privileged to have a day all for me this past weekend. Lance and Layla made it so wonderful. To start it off, Lance woke me up at about 6:45 and told me to "come look at something.." I was thinking..."I still have 15 minutes more to sleep!" Anyway, once I got up, I could smell a yummy breakfast waiting for me in the kitchen. It was so delicious and very beautiful. And yes, he did this all by himself. (watching Food Network all day pays off!) He made me a delicious omelet with toast and avocados, oatmeal, and some fresh fruit! It was a very delightful presentation.
Lance and Layla got me a food processor and a beautiful card.

Happy Mother's Day Mommy
Then... after Sunday school Lance told me he was going to go home and take a little nap, since he had worked all night. So I was off to Young Women's. When I got home, I had another meal waiting for me! He started me off with a salad. It had avocados, cabbage, carrots, salad toppings, dried cranberries, cheese, hard boiled eggs, and diced tomatoes. Ah, it was so yummy. He topped it off with Honey Dijon Dressing.
For the main course, he had me a medium rare ribeye, twice baked potatoes, green beans, and rolls.
After dinner Lance needed to get some zzz's for work that night so I fed Layla and tried to get her to take a nap so I could. Of course she didn't so on the way to grandma and grandpa spiers' house she fell asleep. Imagine that! She loves to sleep on Uncle Greg like this.
This is what her little outfit said. After I put her in it what did she do?! She had a blowout. So I stripped it off of her and washed it so she could wear it the rest of the day. She's so silly..
My first Mother's day was wonderful. Thank you love for making it so special for me. And Happy Mother's Day to all you mommy's. You deserve it!
This is what Lance's card said, I have to admit, I did shed a tear or 2.
"Being at your side
as our baby was born,
I realized
that you are a part
of the miracle of life
in ways that I can only hope
to understand...
So, if you catch me
quietly watching you
and our little one,
know that I'm searching
for the words to tell you
what a beautiful mother you are
and how very much I love you..."

1 comment:

Binghams said...

I cant believe he came up with that menu himself, he needs to go on Hells kitchen. What a great husband !!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...