Yesterday was a pretty sad but exciting day. Layla and I packed up and headed to my home town, Vernal, UT, for a month. Lance will be working hard for our family so won't join us until June 17th. We miss him so much already. Traveling alone yesterday, on two seperate planes really made me appreciate all he does for me and brings to my attention how much he takes off of my shoulders. He's such a special guy, and the love I have for him just can't be put into words. I'm so blessed that he cares so much for me that he'll let me leave for a month to spend time with my family. I love you baby and miss you so much. Can't wait till the 17th!
Now, as for the plane ride here and the 3 hour drive from Salt Lake. Layla was an ANGEL! We left at 7:55 in the morning had a layover in Chicago for 45 min., boarded that plane at 10:55am and finally got to Salt Lake at 1:20PM. Everyone on the plane just kept complementing on what a good baby she was, and she was so friendly to everyone. She rearly meets a stranger. Finally, the last half hour of the drive home she lost it! She had had enough, and wanted out of her car seat. I believe I asked to much of her in one day, but I was so proud of her. I was more of a wreck than she was! And she slept great last night too. I just couldn't ask for more.
To start off our month long adventure we're going camping to our favorite place, Altonah. I'll have pictures soon!
3 comments:
how exciting for you to be with your family. You are so blessed to have a good baby on the plane ride, next time try a 13 hour plane ride to visit me nad see how good she is then. :) hehehehe
taking a little one on a plane is sooo brave, its really hard doing that on your own! Umbrella strollers are a dream at the airport :) Enjoy vernal, do you miss the mountains? they sure arent the same in the middle-east:) good luck on the way home :)
I bet your family is so excited to see you! Sami said both her and zadie couldn't wait for you to get here. You will have to come bye the salon and show me your baby!
(this is lindsey case bye the way haha didn't know if you knew my married last name!)
Post a Comment