5.02.2009

Layla - 4 Months

Our little girl is just getting so big and has the most adorable personality! I know I say it every post, but time is just flying. She's had a lot of "firsts" this last month and I've really enjoyed being with her for everyone. She brings so much joy to me and her daddy.


This past Monday I could tell that something was wrong with Layla. She woke up at 4 that morning, and that never happens, then she slept all day, that never happens either. She started running fever on Tuesday, and by Wednesday she was really congested and was having a hard time breathing. I couldn't take it anymore and called her doctor. So on Friday morning I took her in and the doc didn't like the sound of her lungs, therefore I had to take her to get x-rays and get some labs done. I was really hesitant about exposing my little baby to radiation, but the doctor assured me that she'd be ok, and wanted to make sure that she didn't have influenza. So, she's already had her first bout of x-rays and I'm so sad about it. She's only 4 months old...
Come to find out she only has bronchitis. I'm so relieved. Being a mommy is hard when your little baby is sick and they can't tell you what's wrong. I wish I could take all that pain for her. Doesn't she look so sad and miserable in this picture?
She has to do breathing treatments every 12 hours and is taking an antibiotic. Hopefully she'll be back to her happy self pretty soon.
{she loves holding onto the nebulizer and gnawing on it}
First bath with Daddy



Things to Remember...

-I love peeking into her bassinett in the morning and she'll give me her biggest grin.

-When me or Lance walk into the room she'll start kicking her legs really fast and squeal.

-She LOVES her fingers and goes cross eyed facinating over them.

-The Little Mermaid is her all time fav.

-Sometimes she'll have a big sneeze on it's way and it won't make it, she'll sigh afterwards like it's hard work.

-When I nurse and hold her she'll rub my cheeks.

-She curls her toes.

-She loves to be naked.

-Bathtimes at night is the only way to get her to sleep.

-Sitting up on the table and watching me and Lance cook amuses her.

5 comments:

The Chivers said...

I'm so glad everything is ok...as far as being sick goes. It's never fun when they're sick. Give her big kisses for us and we'll see you all very soon!

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

I'm so sorry little Layla has been sick. That is not fun, and is always scary for the mama.
Layla is just too cute and beautiful.

Binghams said...

oh I love to readyour blog because I totally know exactley what you mean, its so fun, my little niece thats only three days older than Gracy had to do breathing treatments to, she actually ended up liking to do them lol. maybe layla will to :) hope she gets feeling better.

De'dy Meng said...

I hope she gets feeling better fast. Those breathing treatments are not fun. You are an amazing mom.

BraggsMommy said...

That sickness can be scary. Bragg did the same thing at 6 months and I hated seeing him sick. He loved the breathing treatments too and always slept really well after having one. He was on them every 4 hours though so I am glad Layla isn't taking them that often. She is darling. Hope she feels better soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...