5.26.2009

Altonah

Altonah is such a special place for our family. It was built by my Great-Grandpa James about 30 years ago and he wanted it to be a place were our family would always meet and get together. We've made the most cherished memories there. Every Memorial weekend and Labor Day weekend we pack up and go camping. The weather was pretty cool and rainy this past weekend, but we made the best of it and still had so much fun!
Does this look like trouble or what!
Layla and Grandma Marcia. This is who we're both named after. She's a pretty special grandma.


This is the pavillion my great-grandpa built. It's actually where his parents' house used to stand.
Derrick and JarMan. He's only 4 and loves driving these big motorcycles. Oh boy...
Catlin and Jeff. Can anyone say wedding bells!?



Love this.
Layla hated having a jacket on. She would just squeal when I'd put it on her. I guess it's because she doesn't hardly wear anything in Mississippi. It's to dang hot to!
Papa and all the grandkids. Poor Brodster was smushed between Shelbe and Sela.


Trying to stay warm!
Good ol Aunt Lorna. This is right after Derrick layed one on her!
This grill is amazing. My great grandpa also welded it. We've made the most delicous breakfasts' on it!

Finally the last day we were there we were able to be outside more. Layla loved it!

Romo tryin to get some more oreos.


Gotta love those legs!

We had such a great weekend but Layla and I had a special someone missing. It just isn't the same without you babe. I'm so glad we can skype with you everyday. We love you!

3 comments:

Lauren Tatton said...

That looks so fun! It is hard to leave hubbies! I have done that not so fun! It looks like you had a ton of fun! You look very beautiful!

Chelsie Jensen said...

Looks like you are having fun here in Utah. I'm glad you are back for a little bit. Layla is so cute.

Braiden & Sharon Willey said...

It look like your having so much fun! You and Layla are SO incredibly beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...