7.05.2009

4th of July

We had a pretty good 4th of July this year. We got up early and went to Grandma Spiers' house. We went with the intention to swim, but found that she had got Layla a new toy. So we had to assemble it first, and let Layla play in it, then we were off to Aunt Amanda and Uncle Greg's pool. After swimming, we had a BBQ with great food, then ended that with delicious dessert. Unfortunatley Lance had to work, so we came home with him while he got ready then met up with Uncle Greg, Aunt Lacey, and Uncle Dane to go watch some fireworks. I love the 4th of July. It was always such a fun holiday for me growing up, and I want that tradition to carry right on down to my family!

All tuckered our from all the swimming. She loves that pool.

MmmMmm... all the yummy food, right out of the Spiers' garden.

Oh, and can't forget the famous pork chops!

My red, white, and blue trifle cake. Yum-O Playing with Uncle Dane
The new toy Grandma and Grandpa Spiers bought Layla! She loves it. Thanks Maw Maw and Paw Paw

Waiting for the fireworks

She loves her "Wee Shades." She acts so hip in them!
These are a few extra's of a new milestone... Not only for Layla, but for me also. It was a sad, hard night, but had to be done. We've finally moved Layla from her bassinett to her crib. It was so hard for me, but I think she's sleeping alot better. This crib is just to big for my little girl!
Yes, if it were practical and I had it my way all the time, she'd sleep with me every night... right next to me.

3 comments:

Emili said...

What a fun pool floater! I have to get me one of those...

It's so hard to move them and it always takes adjusting. We just moved Sami out of our room and into the kids room, but we're getting used to it. I love her crib set, so cute!

The Chivers said...

Glad you guys had a great time! Looking at Layla made me miss her so much (and you guys, too!) I didn't think I did as much as I obviously do! Just keep putting up lots of pictures. Love ya guys!

BraggsMommy said...

I am so glad Layla has a exersaucer. Bragg has the exact one and I have to say that is our number one purchase so far. he started using it around 5 months old and is still getting in it. He watches his Mickey Mouse in it every morning and still likes to relax in it at night. Not that his is crawling and pulling up he uses it as a prop to get where he wants to go. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...