7.19.2009

Our Poor "Little Bit"

What a week it's been! Our poor "little bit" (the name Aunt Barb gave Layla, isn't it cute?) has been so sick! On top of trying to cut some teeth, who knew an ear infection could be so awful? I sure didn't. It all started at the beginning of the week. She had a little cough but I just thought it was because it's been so dry around here, and she wasn't wanting to eat. By Wednesday she was congested pretty bad and on Thursday that's when it got scary for mommy and daddy. We got up that morning and ran some errands and she was happy as can be. When we got home I put her in her saucer to play while I put groceries away. She was just a talking to me when all the sudden she started crying in a way I'd never heard and she was shaking, plus her color was a little blue. I PANICKED! I picked her up and she was burning up, so I grabbed the thermometer and ran to the back room to get the Tylenol. And during all this time I couldn't get Lance to answer his phone. (He was just down the road helping his dad) Well, because I was in a panic I couldn't find the Tylenol anywhere, therefore the house was torn apart. I finally got a hold of Lance and he ran home, called the ER, found the Motrin, gave it to Layla, and loaded us up to go the the doctor. Her fever got to 104.8 in about 5 minutes. Come to find out she has a really bad ear infection. I had no idea her little ears were bothering her. I felt like such an awful mother. And the reason she hadn't been eating is because it hurt her little ears! My poor baby. On top of all of this she had to get a s-h-o-t in her little thigh, and she cried for about 10 minutes after that. And yes, Lance held her down. What a great daddy huh? Well... it's Sunday now and my baby still isn't feeling well. She's congested, coughing, sleep deprived, and constantly tugging on her little ears. Meanwhile, she's still smiling.. what a sweetheart.
I have to give it to my wonderful husband. He was so calm through all of this and while working long 12 hour nights he still comes home and takes care of his babies. I love you sugar!

7 comments:

Lauren Tatton said...

Oh im so sorry! I love the little robe!

Whitney said...

Poor girl =(. That makes me sad... She's still adorable though, even when miserable, I see why you didn't realize something was wrong ha.

Jillian said...

That is the saddest thing ever! I would have lost it. It is so hard when they are in pain and you can't do anything for them. I hope she gets feeling better soon! You aren't a bad mom at all, you are actually a great mom! She is so beautiful, I just look at her and it reminds me so much of Lexie! They are a lot alike!

The Millers said...

Oh how sad! I wish our little ones could tell us what was going on in their little worlds. You are a great mom, you acted quickly. Her little robe is the cutest thing ever!

Shellie said...

One time at church when Jayk was a baby he started crying uncontrollably. I was out in the foyer trying to get him to stop crying and getting more upset by the second. Kathy Laris asked me if his ears was bothering him, something I hadn't even thought of. She recommended sudafed. I don't know if they still have it. But it worked. I hate earaches, they hurt so bad. Also massaging behind their ears and pulling up and back on the back of their ear helps open the ear up. I think it helps it to drain. Try it on your ear and you can feel how it opens up. I do that on the plane when we descend and my ears won't pop. oh, that hurts too!!! Grandma misses you all!
Luv, Mom

Binghams said...

holy cow jess....I think babies are the toughes people in the world...they can endure the worst! im telling ya. what a trooper she is. Hang in there.

Kay's said...

Poor little girl i am so sorry, it sucks doesn't it, Bryckmen's had ear infections before and it sucks because when they can't talk it's hard to tell what is wrong so when you find out what is wrong you do feel like the worst mom, but don't worry your a great mommy. And i freak out about everything and especially when they have a fever, i don't handle things like that very well i hate when my kids are sick. I hope she gets feeling better soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...