1.07.2010

Layla's First Birthday

No matter what, New Years Eve will always be a day of celebration in our family. We had such a great time this year. I thought I'd have a hard time seeing our baby turn ONE but it was anything but hard. I loved taking care of gifts, invites, decorations, and yes, even the cake. Although, I'm sure my mother and siblings didn't think that while I was decorating it. They make it look so easy on the food network!


I worked on that sucker for at least an hour and a half, just decorating it!


Layla lit up when she saw the candles coming her way, of course, she didn't quite know what to do, so cousin Sela helped her out!
When it came time to eat the cake I thought she'd dig right in. Boy was I wrong. She'd get it on her fingers and just stare at it, then try and shake it off. I think I've ruined her by always washing her hands. Needless to say, the clean up wasn't to bad!
I can't believe our baby is ONE!

3 comments:

Chelsie Jensen said...

Wow I can't believe she is one either. It has been so fun looking at her grow up! You guys look really happy.

Jody said...

Happy Birthday Layla! You are beautiful and your mommy did an AMAZING job on your cake - seriously girl, I am SO impressed!! Maybe a cake decorating/playdate is in order?

Cusaks said...

I love all the collages! She is just so cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...