1.01.2010

Christmas

This year for Christmas we decided to surprise our Utah family! As always we had the time of our lives and enjoyed spending the holidays with them. It's been two years since I've been home for Christmas, so it was very much needed! But before we left, we celebrated the holidays with Grandma and Grandpa Spiers...

The night we arrived into Vernal we sent out a text to all my siblings with a picture of Layla. The subject was Surprise! and the message said, "Please come see me at Grandpa and Grandma Chivers' house!" Everyone was so surprised and so happy to see little miss Layla.
Christmas Eve
The next day was Christmas Eve and this is when all the good eatin' starts. My mother always hosts a wonderful dinner with amazing food! Both sides of the family came, so my mom and dad's house was packed, but that's just how I like it!

Christmas Day
It all started at 6:30 in the morning. Yaeger pounds on the door and tells us to "wake up!" Lance and I were both so excited for Layla's first Christmas that we popped right up.. but of course, Layla slept till 9:30! Of all mornings! It was killing us, waiting for her to wake up!

She was sleeping so comfortably. I just couldn't wake her..
And who wants a grumpy baby girl on Christmas morning anyway?
The wait was so worth it! She was so excited when she found what Santa had left for her. And so were we! Christmas is way more fun when you have babies!
After all the excitement of opening gifts and eating breakfast, which by the way was delicious, we got ready and were off to Uncle DeeJay's and Aunt Kandie's house, where there was MORE good food.
Our family just keeps growing and growing... These pictures will already be out dated in March and April! Seeing this makes me want to have a lot of kids. I love spending time with our big families.
Christmas was so much fun this year. I'm already counting down the days for next Christmas. I remember thinking as a child that Christmas would get so boring as I got older because I wouldn't get as many gifts, (i know i was selfish) but really, it just keeps getting better. Seeing Layla light up on Christmas morning was the best gift both her father and I could have received. We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

5 comments:

susieQ said...

Miss Jessie, what great pictures! soo glad you, Lance and Layla had a GREAT holiday! She looked like she loved her 1st Christmas! AMAZING being with your family, isn't it?
Have a WONDERFUL and BLESSED 2010!

The Chivers said...

Like the pictures...can't believe how much we miss you guys already! Oh well, just a couple more months!

Jody said...

That is the most awesome surprise ever! I bet your family was thrilled. Layla looks like she loved Christmas.

Merry Christmas!!

Gassers said...

It's great to be home for christmas isn't it! We spent Christmas with Kurt's family and it just isn't quite the same! My question is how did you get all your gifts back to Mississippi? We had a hard time getting ours back to Spokane and we even had a car. You have the cutest family. Hope all is well!

Cusaks said...

I was going to give her that talking puppy!!! Have fun figuring out what is making it talk in the middle of the night! It looks like she got a bunch of fun stuff. I think I also heard you type that you want to have a lot of kids...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...