8.19.2009

Simplicity

I think most mother's can agree with me on this subject: When you become a mom the simplest things will bring you SO much joy.
For instance, I'm sure you wonder how this basket of toys could bring me joy.
At the beginning of each morning Layla is dying to get onto the floor and see what she can explore. It's so amazing watching her learn and grow day by day.She'll roll from one toy to another. Attempt to crawl from one place to another. Lie on her back and scream if she's stuck on a toy. Knaw on her toys till she's completely covered with slobber. Suck on her toes. And always make sure mommy is in the room watching.
By the end of each day this is what my house looks like. Now, I am a organized person and it's very hard for me when things are out of place. I can't relax if it just isn't done right. So I knew when I had a child things were going to have to change. As I sat on the couch last night and talked to Lance on the phone, I glanced at our living room floor. It's hard to explain the feelings I felt when I stared at the mess my daughter had made. JOYful, BlessED, comfort, loVed, grateful, very ThanKfuL for my many blessings... I feel like those aren't even the right words.
Instead of feeling stressed and worried about what others may think when they walk into my house I feel so blessed to have such a happy, delightful, healthy little child.
[but hopefully this is the extent of it!] ..the mess I mean

6 comments:

Jillian said...

I just died laughing when I saw this. Lexie has a basket full of toys and other things that entertain her such as a binky, which she has never used except for as a toy. This is exactly what our living room looks like too, every morning and night! I just have to let it go and think the same, becuase they love it! Hope Layla's teething is coming along okay, Lexie already has 5 teeth!!

Kyndi said...

Oh hun, it will only get better! My girls' favorite thing to do right now is color and draw...I just find myself praying constantly that I won't find "pictures" anywhere but on the thousands of papers that they have...I'm not even brave enough to post our daily messes yet...she suer is growing up fast!!!

Kay's said...

I totally know what you mean cause i hate when things are out of place too but we just have to ignore it cause they love it and children are great, i look at my living room morning and night and it looks alot like that but i feel the same feelings as you happy, blessed,joyful,comfort,love,grateful, and also thankful for all my many blessings and to have such happy and healthy kids!! Isn't it funny how things change when you have kids gotta love it!!

Kay's said...

Yes i do wish i could slow time down they grow so fast, i can't believe Layla is already 7 months she is so darn cute, Isn't it so fun to watch the stages they go through? we need to get our kids together to play sometime when your in town.

Deets Family said...

Ya right!! The messes just get bigger and better, and she will learn to get more stuff out...cupboards etc. But it is so much fun to watch them learn and grow!!!

Shellie said...

I remember when I wondered if there would always be fingerprints all over, especially on the closet door mirrors. And there would always be kisses and slobber marks too. They did eventually go away, but now they are back with the grandkids. And I just wash em up for the next time they come over. Toys are all over when they leave, and sand on the trampoline and in the grass. Now that makes grandma mad! So we've been having lessons about keeping the sand in the sandbox. I don't think the boys understand. Oh well, I'll just keep cleaning it up. Luv you guys and miss you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...