Miraculously both of my children are taking a nap,
AT THE SAME TIME.
Layla's kind of grown out of the naps. If she takes one she sleeps for 3+ hours then she's up till 11:00,
if she doesn't take one, she's tired and whinny by 4 or 5 in the afternoon. It's tough transitioning!
Anyway, she layed on the couch about 30 min ago and feel asleep, while I was nursing Marx before his nap! And now I have a few minutes for MYSELF!
WOW
It feels great.
Life's been crazy for me lately.
I'm kind of having a rough time.
Being a mom is hard, it's exhausting.
Yeah, I know I only have 2 kids, but it's been, well, exhausting.
I look in the mirror and I feel like I look like I've aged 5 years.
Then I cry.
Somedays, well, most days, if I am not up by 5, shower and get ready, it just doesn' t happen.
It's safe to say, a lot of those days I barely get to brush my teeth!
Sheesh, I'm a mess.
{sigh}
Please tell me I'm not the only mom feeling this way?!
I sent this picture to my mom the other day.
It was the END of the day, one child was asleep and I had one more to go.
Our faces say it all.
As for our beautiful blessings.
They're totally worth it.
Layla came running into my room the other day laughing and said, "Mommy, you've got to come see what I did to brother!" I was nervous.
But this is all she had done....
Little diva...
I accidentally took this pic, and so glad I did.
It's priceless.
And I did find a few minutes of my day the other day to be crafty.
I made this headband holder for Layla.
(it's just a spray painted oatmeal canister on a candle stick!)




4 comments:
I'm so glad you finally updated! I've been waiting and waiting haha! I'm so sorry you're having rough days :( I wish I could come help you out! Sounds like you have your hands full :) Oh the joys of what I have to look forward to ;) I hope things start slowing down for you. You are beautiful and your kids are adorable! Miss and love you!
Jess I have 1 kid and I'm burnt out haha. You're such a great mom even if you don't brush your teeth. Myla has those S'More jammies Layla has on. So cute! Miss you! Keep your chin up.
You aren't the only mom!! Happy to hear I'm not either!!!
First...why are you up at 5? I'm up at 5 to get jack on the bus at 6:20 and then I go back to bed Til Camilla wakes up. Second...honestly...I only shower and get ready if I'm going somewhere. Luckily I have to be somewhere most Mondays, every Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and obviously Sunday. I look forward to Thursday's just so I don't have to shower and get ready! Haha! Third...if the sadness doesn't go away (and know that ALL moms experience it) it might be time to think about an antidepressant. It's not worth living like that. Trust me...I know! Fourth...next time your down, call and we can do something.
Post a Comment