2.02.2012

Marx - 9 months

Dear Marx,

You are now 9 months old!
I think this past month has been by far the hardest for you and me.
You've started to crawl and stand up on everything.
You're also starting to walk around things, which means you're
falling and bumping your head a lot.
BUT
you still insist on trying new things.
You even tried to climb up on our book shelve a couple days ago.

You are an absolute momma's boy.
If sister takes something away from you, if you bonk your head, if you're tired, if you're stuck,
heck, if anything happens to you, I'm the only one that can calm you down.
Daddy will try, and you'll cry harder and harder until he hands you over to me.
But, daddy is still the only one that can get you to sleep without a fight.
You do that well for him.

You're not sleeping well through the night anymore.
I must have bragged to much.
You wake up one or two times and nurse, then you usually end up in bed with me and daddy.
Which means I'm not completely asleep, I gotta make sure you don't roll off the bed, or get rolled on!
As for naps, you do those well now. Taking one around 10:30AM and one around 2:00PM.
Both last from an hour and a half to two hours.
Thanks goodness for that!

You love your baths.
As soon as we walk into the bathroom you start squealing and kicking your legs.
Even when we walk in there and it isn't bath time.
If sister bathes with you, you're pretty happy the whole time, even when she's
pouring water on your head.
If you bathe alone, you easily get bored and want out.
You sure do love your sister.

When I get the camera out, you know to smile.
You love baby snacks, specially the yogurt snacks.
Oh and marshmallows.
You say mamamama and bababa.
You can wave bye bye and hi, but only when YOU want.
You make the same funny face that your sister would make, but again, only when YOU
want too.
You love graham crackers.
You love your cousin Laura. (she watches you every Thurs when I go to yoga. The first few weeks you cried the whole time I was gone. Now you love it.)
You love to be naked.
And if I'm not fast when I'm changing your diaper, somehow you get away from me!
You love baby Einstein.
You play a lot different than your sister did, you have to bang everything together,
or knock things down. You always have to be making noise.
That's the boy in you!
(still trying to get used to that! so is Layla, she's constantly saying, "shhhh brother!")
You're hair is really growing in, and it's platinum blond!

When you get excited you make this sound that sounds like the grudge.
It's cute and kind of creepy!
And when you want out of your high chair, you will scream your highest pitched scream ever!
I makes all of our ears ring!
You easily get bored, I find myself moving you from room to room and giving you new
things to play with all day long. I've found I'll just about do anything to make my baby happy!

Our days can be rough, and most of the time I feel the bad days out number the
good days, but I still love you to pieces.
You are such a blessing to our family.
You're a healthy baby boy and I'm so grateful for that.
Just sensitive I guess.
(your dad won't like that I said that)
We love you Marx!!

Love,
Mommy


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...