2.09.2012

miss 3's hair

I've mentioned before that Layla's hair has been falling out.
Not just a few hairs here and there, but tons of hair.
Like hair everywhere on her pillow when she wakes up, in her car seat, all over her clothes.
And bath time was the worse, I dreaded washing her hair, cause it was big globs of hair
that would come out.
It started falling out at the end of August of last year.
We've taken her to the doctor where they even pricked her little finger to get some blood.
Well, everything looked fine.
They think what's caused it was her high fever she had due to the hand mouth and foot
she caught last year.
Telogen Effluvium is what they diagnosed her with.
It just caused to much stress on her little body.
I know it could be so much worse.
But am I entitled to be sad about her loosing her hair?
I waited 2 years for her to get it, then it just falls out!
Go figure.

Before hair loss...


After hair loss..

It's crazy hair!
She has little "baby hairs" growing in everywhere.
I reckon that's a good sign.
I just don't know what to do with it!
Any suggestions?


AND today while I was making breakfast, she decided to
cut her barbies hair so it looked like her hair.
Can I just tell you all how glad I am that it wasn't her hair that she cut!



A couple days ago she told me that she wants hair like Tangled.
Bless her little heart!

6 comments:

Deets Family said...

You could just cut into a cute little bob to let the sides and everything catch up.
I'm sorry that would so hard to go through, at least she didn't cut it off.

Whitney said...

Haha nice pic of her and Myla... gotta love my child :). Poor Layla, I can only imagine how upset you are. Everything on their body is sentimental :(. Love ya Jess!

Shellie said...

I'm so grateful it's coming back in. Maybe it was all the craziness at Grauma's house that made it fall out. And the doll is just too funny. Laughed right out loud.

Kayla said...

Oh man.. Poor little girl :( She is beautiful any way though with her pretty little smile and big personality. You could always try a pixie cut?? They are back in style! That is seriously so crazy though. I am happy to hear that nothing serious is wrong with her though. I'm glad it's growing back in. PS I love love Marx's blue eyes! He is getting so big! Oh and let's not forget his little bum ;)

Stan & Ash said...

oh my heart is breaking for you! This must be such a hard and i'm sure at the time scary thing!! I remember when Winnie's hair ALL fell out when she was a couple months old I just bawled. I would just comb it and it would come out. I can't image how you would feel since this is so much more hair! Poor little thing! She looks so so cute still and i think the way you had it styled in a few pictures down looks great! At least it's growing back right!!

Oh and p.s. This same thing happened to my Sister in Law about a year ago. The doctor said it was because of stress. He put her on some pills and it has all grown back and has been just as thick. Just some reassurance for you!

Keisha said...

I've decided being a mom can be so heavy. We want nothing more than for our sweet babies to breeze through life without anything. The beauty of it is that we as moms probably stress far more than our little ones (look at her cheesier smile) but man alive it is tough!!!!

She is such a gorgeous little girl!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...