2.03.2011

thankful thursday

when you have a 2 year old, that usually sleeps 10-12 hours a night on a regular basis,
then one night
all the sudden
is up ALL night crying
there has to be something wrong.

--

yesterday was a long day.
i don't think i've had a day like it since Layla was an infant.
she begged me to hold her all day,
begged me to sit down with her and watch Barney, Dora, and Backyardigans.
so i did.
she wouldn't eat, she'd only drink water.
and while giving her a warm bath
(in hopes that it may soothe her and help her feel better)
she started complaining about her ears.
i made an appointment right then.

--

come to find out, my poor baby has a double ear infection.
the left ear has already ruptured (sp?)
i felt like a horrible mother.
i should have known something was up while she cried all night, the night before.
so it's easy to say, that today i'm thankful for her wonderful pediatrician
and for modern medicine.
they were able to fit her in shortly after calling.
and i've never seen a doctors office so full with sick kids.

(after one dose, she's already been asleep for 11 hours, thank the heavens)


5 comments:

Keisha said...

These kids take us through the ringer!! Poor girl, I'm glad you got it figured out and she is sleeping again. Such a good feeling.

(I like reading this post cause it doesn't make me feel so bad when I go through things almost exactly the same) Good thing we are all winging this parenthood thing together :)

susieQ said...

Mrs.Jessie..please HUG Miss Layla for us..and I had these problems with ALL 3 boyz..it's not your fault, but as Mammas..we feel responsible AND HELPLESS!! YOU are a wonderfull Mamma and I'm glad they found it and she's on her way to recovery!!
hope YOU and Daddy get some rest,too!! :~}

Whitney said...

Poor Layla =(

Stan & Ash said...

Awe so sad!! A sick baby is no fun, so heartbreaking! Glad that you got it figured out and hopefully there are some smiles instead of tears now!

The Chivers said...

I know all to well about ear infections...but don't feel too bad...with each kid each ear infection was different. They each had their own symptoms with every one...and they had one, it seemed, every month! It's hard to tell whats wrong when they don't really know themselves. Like you said, thank goodness for modern medicine that gives our kids all the chance to be comforted and healed...there's nothing worse than a sick baby! I have two tonight that are sick with fevers and the pukes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...