2.10.2011

thankful thursday

i've been homesick more than usual this past week.
the fact that i've been pretty sick with a nasty cold probably doesn't help.
(doesn't everyone want their mommy when their sick?)
and i'd imagine being 7 months pregnant, feeling large and husband working lots of nights away
doesn't help either.
every time i pass my computer i want to skype with my family.
but i know they all have busy lives and can't sit and chat just whenever is convenient for me.
but when i get that short hour of their time, it means the world to me.
gives me a little fix a what it would feel like being home at that moment.

it's not like this extravagant event either.
it's simply sitting down with my mother while she asks how my week has been.
how potty training is going.
how our mississippi family is here.
and her concern for every little thing going on in our life.
or when my dad gets on and tells me how cold it is.
(only he could work in -10 degree weather)
and when he makes the silliest faces and sounds that make Layla laugh hysterically.

my parents are amazing.
i miss them so much and wish i would have cherished the 20 years that i lived close to them.
i am who i am today because of their example.
their courage.
their responsibility.
their integrity.
their compassion.
their faith.
and so much more.

i'm thankful for you mom and dad.

4 comments:

The Chivers said...

I hate feeling like that....I feel like that when I can't see my mom for a day...and I live ten minutes from her! We got all set up with Skype now, too, so if you get really desperate let us know...we all enjoy chats with you guys. Love ya all!

Shellie said...

Thanks Sis!!! You made me cry. We miss you all so much, but are so thankful we have skype and blogging and texting, etc. You are a wonderful daughter with a wonderful little family of your own. We are so proud of you, Lance, Miss Layla, and baby boy. Can't wait to see and hug you again. It will be soon. Love, Mom
PS Thanks for editing that pic for a headshot! :o)

TOYA said...

I feel the same way too often. And I'm sorry to say that even after almost 8 years it's not any easier. I'm so grateful for technology. It has improved so much just in the last 3 years. My only suggestion is to embrace the Lance's family as much as you can, they can never replace your fam, but they do help. And be a good friend because the friends you make now will be friends for life. Oh and serve in your callings 110%, they keep you sane and busy. :)

Keisha said...

beautiful post! Great parents are the best. Skype is a lifesaver around here too. Luke loves it when his grandpa makes funny noises and faces at the camera also. I love technology! I love your thankful thursday posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...