6.03.2010

My favorite place as a child...

..ok, who am I kidding?!
It's still my favorite place.
Altonah!

I believe it was about 30 years ago that my Great Grandpa James Clark, built a place for our family to gather together every Memorial Day and Labor Day weekend. Oh how thankful I am for him.

Because of him I know a lot of my extended family. Because of him, I have the most cherished memories of growing up and swinging on that tire swing, and being bucked off those teeter-toters! (thanks Dez) Or playing nights games like, "kick the can." Or even sleeping on that pavillion that he built with his sweet hands, and telling spooky bedtime stories.

And best of all, because of him, I get to watch my child or my children play together with her/his cousins and make the same memories that I was able to make. It's such a wonderful place.

I. Love. Altonah.

Now, who goes camping without gummy bears?
Not Grandma Critton.
And not Layla.
This is the same tire swing that I grew up swinging on..
Enjoying many many under-doggies!
And these are the same teeter-toters that I got bucked off of.
My nose would bleed everytime.
And still, I always believed Dez when he'd say, "I won't do it again, I promise."
So I got back on, and fell back off.
Darn him!


I enjoyed watching times like these...





Her wonderful trick that I've yet to get a good picture of.
Jaren the dare devil.
Can you see Layla's rosey cheeks?
I don't know what it is about this Utah sun, but even after applying sun block twice a day she still got sunburned. Must be the elevation?!
Who knows?
There's is no such thing as coming to Altonah and not having a pinata.
She did pretty well.
That bat weighed more than she did!



So long Altonah...

..Until next year!

3 comments:

Stan & Ash said...

Jessie your pictures are all so cute! It looks like your having such a amazing and special summer so far! Layla looks just as cute as ever!

susieQ said...

Miss Jessie, Glad you got to go home home & see your family! and your brothers graduation! {i know the Sarge missed ya'll, though}your family is JUST as GORGEOUS as you!! Truly,the MOST BEAUTIFUL grandbabies!! hug Miss Layla for us..she's getting so BIG! ps..I met Mr.{Papa}Spiers the other day!I GUSHED about You and Miss Layla and what a great Sarge I have!!
Happy Summer..susieQ

Braiden & Sharon Willey said...

Oh my goodness Jessie, those pictures are great! I just died when I saw the picture of Layla trying to use that bat! So cute! You look amazing as always! Love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...