First off, I want to tell you a little about my own daddy.
He is the hardest working man that I have ever known.
With 6 young kids, I remember him working all week, out-of-town, and coming home on the weekends.
He'd always have treats for us when he got home.
Like a cool little bouncy ball.
I still remember it like it was yesterday.
(Do you remember that dad?)
He made our houses, Homes.
Whether it be in our first home, or our second home, he has always made sure the backyard was fit for a kid. We loved that play house and the chicken coops.
Now, when I visit home, I love sitting in his hamick, listening to that beautiful waterfall that he built with his strong hands.
The Priesthood he holds and honors so dearly.
I always knew I could go to him for a special blessing.
Or even for council.
And then, when his father died, taking over his business and running it with poise.
I know that my Grandpa Gilmer would be so proud of him and what he's turned Backhoe Supremo into.
He sure is amazing.
I love you Dad.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now on to her daddy.
He's the man of my dreams.
The mortar to our family.
He works loooooong, physical and emotional nights,
so that we can rest safely in our beds.
Does he ever complain?
No.
I'm the one that always complains.
I fail to notice how blessed I really am.
He's SO patient and kind.
I really can not recall when he's raised his voice at me.
Has taught me how to communicate and not let smalls things boil inside of me.
Listens.
Then councils.
They're the best talks ever.
I love you Lance.
Happy Father's Day Weekend.

2 comments:
Lance,Mrs.Jessie and Miss Layla,
Jessie..THAT is BEAUTIFUL! I can HONESTLY say it is a PRIVELAGE {trying} to keep your Hubby/Layla's Daddy safe!! what a BEAUTIFUL FAMILY! Happy Daddy's Day, Sarge!! :D
That is beautiful Jess! We love you!
Post a Comment