On Thursday we packed up and headed east to Pensacola, Flordia. Our friends, Anthony and Jenny, were getting married and we just couldn't miss out on that special time in their lives. And since Lance was in the wedding, we really couldn't miss it. It made for a great get away together before Layla and I head out west for a month.
This little girl was an angel on the trip there and back.
As for the rehearsal, rehearsal dinner and wedding, well...
I could just kick myself, here's why:
I packed my big nice camera, thinking, "I'm going to get some wonderful pictures of this wedding and everything else that we do in Florida!" But no! That was not the case. Have you ever taken a 14 month old to a rehearsal dinner and a wedding? There was absolutely no time for picture taking. And there was no way I could haul that thing around along with my purse and her gigantic diaper bag that had everything in it that you can think of. Which by the way, items did not entertain her at all!
So no, I didn't get ANY pictures of how beautiful Jenny looked and how proud Anthony looked as she walked down the isle. Or pictures of the great time at the reception... oh wait, I ran after Layla the whole time with the most uncomfortable heels on. What was I thinking wearing those heels? Oh, that's right, they were so dang cute with my dress...
{Sigh...}
I really do love my child but,
note to self: a rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, wedding, and wedding reception is no place for a 14 month old, that wants to get into anything and EVERYTHING!
On a much happier memory..
Her and her daddy loved the pool at our hotel!
I forgot swim suits, hence the reason for just her little swimmer.
Really? What was I thinking? We were in Florida!
We all know what this face is!
I love how she's resting her arm on his shoulder and letting her hand hang there. She really does think she's all grown up...
...But really, she's still her daddy's little girl.
And of course she had an appetite after all the swimming. The fruit loops were her favorite! Probably since it was her first time having them.
She loves to share.
We are not taking it for granted.















3 comments:
I guess grandma better buy some fruit loops. We haven't had those for awhile. She'll have to beat Uncle Yaeger to them.
I understand the whole "wedding" scene. It's like trying to control a monkey!! My dad is Anthony's pastor at Liberty in Picayune so I kept my brother and sister so they could go. Your daughter is so adorable and I wish you lived closer to we could have playdates :)
It looked like Lances birthday was fun! Layla is looking like such a little lady! I love the snuggle pictures with her daddy, they are so sweet! I really miss you and NEED to meet Miss Layla!
Post a Comment