Before I start with all the details on Lukas' birth, I have to explain to you the stress my mother was feeling before he arrived.
Sami wasn't due until the first week of April, but she ALWAYS goes early. In fact, she goes 4 weeks early. With Catlin's wedding falling on Sami's 36th week, my mom kept telling Sami to just wait until 8:00PM Friday night. That way we'd be done with wedding and reception.
The Tuesday prior to the wedding Sami went in for her weekly check-up. She was 5 centimeters and 70 % effaced. The doc told her, "See you this weekend!"
Come Friday night she had made it through the reception feeling just peachy. By 10:30, we all made it home, unloaded the cars, and the phone rings.
My mother sees that it's Sami's # on the caller ID.
Mom: Did your water break?
Sami: Yes
Mom: (being so exhausted) You've got to be kidding me!
Sami: Nope, I'm feeling pressure.
Mom: Get to the hosptial now!
Sami's labors go really fast, so we thought we'd have a baby by midnight. But no! We get to the hospital, she get's all hooked up and ready to go, and her labor stops! So she walks around for a bit, gets the contractions coming again, and finally asks for the PIT to speed things up. And speed things up it did! She finally had Lukas at 4:17AM on March 13th, 2010. With NO pain medicine! She's amazing! Let's just say we were all zombie's the next day.
Can you see the exhaustion in my mother's eyes?
This was about 5 minutes later...
Derrick did so great with her.
He hated seeing her in pain, and comforted her as much as possible.
(I think he was ready to kick me out at this point, with all the picture taking!)
There's just nothing like having your mother there to hold your hand.
Lukas Layne Turner
(a whopping)
5 lbs 13 oz
19" long
4:17AM
Such a proud father!
Doesn't she just look gorgeous for have him all natur-al?!! I sure think she does!







1 comment:
wow you got some great pics, i must say though if you were taking pics like that of me at that time I might have given you a hiding!!! :)
Post a Comment