I think this next step in Layla's life is actually going to be harder for me than her.
Layla stopped nursing at 6 months because my milk supply was so low, and that was extremely hard for me, so I turned to giving her a bottle and rocking her all the time. It was my way of filling that void of not being able to nurse anymore, and having that "bond."
When she turned a year old I stopped giving her her "nap" bottle. Taking it away for nap and bedtime was just way to much for me. So we (or I) took baby steps. And what do you know? It really wasn't all that bad. She had 2 days of melt downs and boom, she now takes wonderful 2-4 hour naps.
Well, last night we had just enough formula to make her one more bottle, and I told myself I would not go and buy another can of it. I guess, I just feel like taking her bottle away means she's not my baby anymore. When really, no matter what, she'll always be my baby. But now, I don't have that one on one time with her, where I can rock her to sleep, while she sips on her bottle and I sing her lullabys. (sigh...)
So tonight we've started another milestone? Is that what you would call it? I made her a special dinner, we watched the olympics (Sean White did awesome), gave her a bath, let her stay up a little later than usual, then I filled up her sippy with warm milk. We went to her room where I sat down with her in the rocking chair, we said our prayers, she took a couple sips out of her sippy, then looked at me like I was crazy. She then, layed her head on my shoulder and went to sleep! What? No fight?
I guess I'll take it.
Really, why am I so sad about this? Why is this so hard? I thought I'd be jumping for joy when I wouldn't have to wake up to dirty bottles in the sink. I guess for now, I'll just sit on my pitty pot while our precious baby sleeps peacefully in her bed.
Night night Layla...


2 comments:
Jess i totally know how you feel i get the same way about things like that and it was easy for me too with Brycky so hopefully it is with Coop too but as a mom the little things like that are big to us huh!! Good job Layla!! I also had to stop nursing at 6 months with both of my boys and i hated it, i loved nursing and the bonding time with them, and i love love to rock them to sleep and i will tell ya i still do both of my boys and Brycky is almost 3, but i love it, i probably will rock my boys (all my kids) to sleep until they go to school lol!! i read that blog on Bronson and it was an eye opener to me also and a testamomy builder thanks for sharing it with us.
Thats so great! Ethan was the same way, and so was I. I had a harder time taking it away then he did. He didnt really care and I was so sad for the lack of snuggle time! I think its because we took the bottles away soon enough that there was no real battle! Now Im worried about taking away the binky, he LOVES it! Any ideas?
Post a Comment