2.22.2010

Mardi Gras Parade

Last weekend, Layla and I attended our FIRST Mardi Gras Parade, with a couple of our friends. No, not the one on Bourbon Street. In fact, it wasn't even in Louisiana. It was at a little down called Diamondhead, MS. Somewhere where we didn't have to worry about a bunch of drunks and women showing body parts for beads! We loved every bit of it!


{patiently waiting for the parade to start}


{her first, few, beads}
and she didn't even have to flash anyone

These parades make my home town parades seem pathetic. (Sorry Vernal) There was music, candy, beads, stuffed animals, balls, and toys being thrown in every direction. I had to really pay attention so we wouldn't get pegged. Did I mention it was 2 hours long?!

{just a few of the floats}


My beads, which were infact quite heavy...
..and her beads, along with stuffed toys and animals. She was quite excited.

6 comments:

Kyndi said...

Holy cow-looks like tunz of fun! My husband is (obviously) not from around Vernal and every time we mention going to a parade all he says is, "really? I saw the fire trucks just the other day" or "I grew up on a farm and don't want to watch people scoop poop off of main street so I'll pass" :) It's fun to see what real people parades are like....

Whitney said...

How fun! Uh yeah... Vernals parade you're lucky to get a piece of candy haha! I'm glad Layla didn't have to show her goodies to get some beads! lol love ya

Whit

The Chivers said...

Oh, how fun! I was thinking the other day how it should've been my turn to buy the king cake? Is that what it's called? I didn't know if I could order it from all the way up here, but next time we're down there it's on me ; )

Binghams said...

She is getting so BIG, what color is her hair i cant figure it out ...its like redish, blondish brownish :) shes beautiful little girl! congratulations on the bottle. sometimes its more for the mom:) I feel that way about nap time.

Jillian said...

These pics are soo cute! I totally agree with you on the sad to say (lame) vernal parades!! Oh and ps i forgot to tell you in that other comment I left, but once lexie got used to having her sippy before bed i felt i had to replace it with something so after i brush her teeth we go into her room and turn on her lamp and all other lights off and i read her 4 short stories ( i give her her lovey...Blanket) and she cuddles up to me while we read then I put her down. I hope I dont' annoy you with my advice. I just love to hear what other moms do!

BraggsMommy said...

I agree with lexie's mom. Bragg has a "blankie" and it is a wonderful soother when they are ready for some quiet time or maybe in an unfamiliar place. It is great for a little one to have that when they are going through all these changes in their lives.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...