Sunday, November 1st, Lance was preparing to attend S.W.A.T school. As I watched him pack, I could tell he was very anxious to go but sad to leave us for a whole week! Here is how it went, in a nutshell:
In 5 1/2 days they trained extremely hard for 70+ hours, with only getting about 15 hours of sleep. They would run several different missions throughout the day and early morning hours, they were trained with lethal and less lethal weapons, such as: chemical weapons and explosive devices, they worked long hours on the shooting range, as yes, my husband recieved the medal for top shooter, and all the training was done while wearing approximately 60 pounds of gear.
As you can tell, he was so busy that I maybe talked to him 5 times throughout the week. But everytime I talked to him, his spirits were high and he was so positive.
Come Thursday night I hadn't recieved a phone call and it was getting late, so I sent him text to wish him a good night and let him know that I loved him. Friday morning he called me with the news...
Thursday night at about 10:00 they were training on how to take down suspect vehicles. Lance prepared to shoot the front windshield out of a car at point blank range with a shotgun (they were not aware that the windshield had been replaced with an after market windshield). He shot the windshield, and as the round penitrated, the windshield did not shatter. The pressure caused the windshield to flex inward and return with great force, projecting broken glass into Lance's face and arm. He was taken to the emergency room where the doctors stopped the bleeding and cleaned out as much glass as possible. He was then stitched back up and returned back to the base to finish out his training. He was scared to call and tell me what had happened because he didn't think I'd let him return back to training. (what a stud!)
The S.W.A.T Squad
Here is the certificate he earned for completing the course, his medal for top shooter, and also his medal for returning to training with serious injuries.
We are so blessed that he was wearing his safety glasses. He still can see out of his beauitful blue eyes.


His safety glasses he was wearing at the time of the accident
Layla and I was so excited to see him, we had to give him a warm welcome. My mother gave us the great idea..
When Lance drove up the drive way I was waiting outside for him. He got out of the car and I just covered my mouth and cried. I had NO idea how bad his injuries really were. (When Lance called me to tell me what had happened, he reassured me over and over again that it "wasn't that bad")
Layla and I are just so proud of this man in our lives. We are so blessed to still have him here with us. I'll never find myself taking the time we have together for granted. I love you baby!P.S. Lance assured me that he will NEVER breach another windshield again!


9 comments:
How scary! I would have been freaking out so bad. He looks good in all his SWAT gear. You got a great guy Jess, and that little munchkin is as cute as always! Love ya.
Whit
Wow, Jessie told me it was bad, but it's hard to imagine how bad. I'm glad you called Sue and prepared her before she saw it. And I'm glad you prepared us too. We are so proud of Lance. You are truly a hero, for our daughter and Layla, our family, your family, community, and ultimately the USA. Thank you for your integrity and commitment to excellence in all that you do. We know you have saved lives already and Heavenly Father is watching over and blessing you for your dedication. We love you!
Oh my goodness!! I wasn't expecting it to be like that! When I scrolled down and saw the pics I felt so bad! I am so glad Lance is ok! I love his SWAT outfit :D That's awesome he got a medal for being the top shooter!! I am so glad everything is ok. I will pray that Lance will heal fast and well! Love and miss you guys!
How scary Jessie, I would of freaked out, i am glad he is ok what a trooper. Congrats on the medals that is awesome!!
Wow, that's all I can say. This post was way intense. I'm glad that he is alright. You are right that we take little things for granted. Good for him for finishing the training. Congrats :)
That is crazy! We are proud of you Lance! What an accomplishment! I hope you heal quickly.
Thanks goodness for the safety glasses! Poor guy. Glad all turned out well, though...considering.
Oh my. Shows how easily something can go wrong. Glad you're ok Lance.
jessie.. i already told you how MAD we(brandy and i) were..we knew nothing,also..but you..ooooh, i cannot imagine when u finally saw him!!..i'm glad he is okay..and we missed him but GLAD he was home {safe} with his beautiful girls!! Thank God for those glasses and i THANK GOD for our guys! SWAT and NOT SWAT.. they are TRULY BRAVE MEN, day in and day out!! sooo glad he is okay!! whew!!LOVE to you and Layla!
Post a Comment