11.30.2011

M is 7 months!

(i started this post on the 29th, when you actually turned 7 months old. just shows how much time you've given me the past few days to blog!)

Marx,

You are now 7 months old!
You sure have grown this last month.

Yesterday I took you in for your 6 month check-up
(we're a month behind because of our trip to Utah this past summer)
You received your shots and half of your flu shot.
It was horrible. You didn't want anything to do with the nurse after she gave them to you.
You clung to me as tight as you could.

You weigh 17.6 lbs - 50%
Your 26" long - 75%
And your head circumference is 17.5"
and healthy as can be.

BUT you are cutting all 4 top teeth right now.
So, you  may be healthy, but you sure aren't happy!
Two cut in yesterday and you have two more that I can see trying to make their appearance.
And to relieve the pain you put EVERYTHING in your mouth.
I've tried every Essential oil mixture I can think of to help you out. So far the OnGuard works best.
You pop teething tablets all day long and I even resulted in giving you tylenol last night.
This week has already been so long and it's only Wednesday.
All you want me to do it hold you, so not to much gets done around the house, and I wasn't even able to get myself or your sister dressed today. You're just a sad, miserable little guy right now.
And I can't bare to let you cry and be uncomfortable.
Mommas gotta hold you.
(you owe your sister, I feel like she hasn't got the attention that she's needed lately)

Anyway...
You sit up now! All by yourself.
Which means, I don't bathe you in your little sink bath tub.
I remember the last night I gave you a bath in it.
It was bittersweet.
You're just getting so big.
But now, you and your sister have a ball in the big bath.
You two are adorable.
Sister loves to pour water on your head, and you just sit there and let her.
You're a good sport...


You still love your baby food.
Today I made your first batch of homemade baby food. Carrots and apples.
Sadly, you didn't like either.
I think the consistency is what bothers you most.
I haven't quite mastered getting the food perfectly smooth.

Your sister is great at making you laugh hysterically.
(and cry hysterically)
Right now, she's really into trying to pick you up and take you everywhere she goes.
Sadly, Tuesday night, while I was putting my boots on to go to a holiday home party, she picked you up
and dropped you on our tile floor. When I heard you screaming I knew what had happened.
I ran around the corner to see you laying flat on your back and sister had the saddest look in her eyes
trying to console you. She was heart broken.
I called your dad at work anxiously wondering if I should take you to the hospital, but by then you were
just peachy and didn't act like anything had happened.

You're still a wonderful little sleeper (during the night that is)
Naptimes are always around the same time: 10:30AM, 2:00PM, and 5:00PM
I just never know how long you'll sleep.
Could be 20 minutes, could be 2 hours.
And you know who is an expert at getting you to sleep?
Your dad!
Usually you'll only go to sleep for me if I nurse you. But if you fight me,
daddy takes over and gets you to sleep every time.
I ALWAYS hand you off to him in sacrament at church, and he ALWAYS brings you back sawing logs.

You're very gifted when it comes to your feet.
You use them to help balance toys, pick up toys, hold certain toys while playing with other toys.
It's so cute, and something I've never seen any other baby do.


You love baby einstein. Just like your sister did.
There's just something about those videos.
They put you in hypnosis.

About three weeks ago we moved you from your bassinett to your crib.
You now share a room with your big sister.
That was our way of keeping her out of our bed.
We tell her every night that she needs to sleep in her big girl bed so you don't get scared.
Seems to be working.

I'm hoping, soon, that the good days will start to out number the bad.
Hopefully teething will subside for a bit so I can have my happy baby back.
But until then, your momma will be right here.
Rushing to you every time you start to cry.

I love you big boy!
Love,
Your proud mommy

1 comment:

susieQ said...

Mrs.Jessie...
he is sooooo DELICIOUS!!!
I told Lance today I HAVE TO get up there and see you and them GORGEOUS babies!!!
those EYES....O.M.Goodness....
please HUG them for me!!
Miss Layla..still so BEAUTIFUL!! and gettin SOOO BIG!!!
and what a great surPRIZE your Mamma coming!!! WOW!!!
Have a GREAT HOLIDAY SEASON!!!
:}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...