12.26.2010

Christmas Eve 2010

For as long as I can remember we'd always have Christmas Eve at my parents house.
My grandma would make her delicious and famous, Posole soup (a mexican stew) with her green chile and tortillas.
We'd have cheese balls.
My mom would make her famous rolls.
My uncle DeeJay would bring a smoked ham.
And everyone else would bring Christmas goodies.
I miss that.
But I was not going to go without it this year!
Was.Not.

So I took on the roll of making the Posole soup.
I started it at 9:30 in the morning and our house smelled of Grandma Sally all day.
I made rolls.
Pecan Pies.
Sugar cookies.
Cheese balls.
A green salad.
But no ham.
I knew I couldn't beat my Uncle DeeJay's.
Everything else was absolutely perfect!

We invited the elders in our ward, along with Lance's parents and brother, and Starling, Wendi, and Brooklyn to join in the fun of Christmas Eve.

Thanks for coming everyone.
 It made Christmas Eve so special for us in our new home away from home!









 {I'm 22 weeks, Wendi is 19 Weeks.}

2 comments:

Shellie said...

Next year you'll have to have a cookoff with Grandma Sally to see who makes the best posole. You have the job when she doesn't want to make it anymore.

Anonymous said...

Jessie,
I waned to send you a message on facebook, but I remembered that you don't have one. Leaving you a comment would probably be the best way to leave you a message, right?
I just wanted to let you know how much I love you. I'm blessed to have you as one of my sisters. You're a good example for me to look up to. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. From you blog, to looks like you had a wonderful one. And I hope your New Year is a good one also. I can't wait for the new arrival, I bet you can't either. I love you!

Catlin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...