12.04.2010

our thanksgivng break...

..was quite spectacular because
we had these very special people, all to ourselves, for 10 wonderful days!




Saying that we had a great time feels like an understatement.
We went to the zoo, shopped, shopped, and shopped,
{now I can relax because Christmas shopping is done!}
we went to the movies, ate out at every place we could fit into the 10 days,
baked, and because we don't have cable, we talked, laughed, let Layla be our entertainment,
watched plenty of movies, and Einstein, and The Muppets, and Sesame Street.
We relaxed and took naps, and probably ate way to much.
AND it was all just so much fun.

They left us on Tuesday, and it's been a rough week.
You'd think it would get easier, but it just gets harder and harder to say "See Ya Later"
I have to make myself stay busy, I have to plan things for Layla and I to do,
and if I don't, I find the time to feel so homesick, specially during the holiday seasons..
and then I cry cry cry.
So now I look forward to April, when my Mom will come again for baby #2.
That's right around the corner right?!
{I'll just keep telling myself that}

 {little miss loved sleeping with Aunt Kenny}



 {this is how most of our evenings turned out, we would exhaust ourselves}



 {she was absolutely obsessed with my dad's chaptick}


 {grandma enjoyed giving her fun new hair styles at bathtime}




 {she loved to help grandma make waffles. she'd get ten stirs then grandma would get ten stirs}


 {made Christmas cookies the day after Thanksgiving. Everyone contributed}


 {and she would even talk papa into giving her chocolate chips for her morning snack!}

It was a great holiday.
We miss you Mom, Dad and Kenny.
It sure is quiet around our home.

3 comments:

Braiden & Sharon Willey said...

Layla seriously has the best morning hair ever, I just want to squeeze her! I get so homesick too, and the holidays are definitely hard. I just focus on the joy and excitement of Ethan and watching him enjoy all the new things! I love you, and hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Kayla said...

Awe it looks like you guys enjoyed yourselves! I bet it was nice having your own place too! I wish I was there to eat all the stuff you guys baked! You look good! PS are you finding out what you're having?

The Chivers said...

I was waiting and waiting for these! Looks like a lot of fun and I can't wait until we get to come back! Love you guys...kisses to Layla

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...