Our ward Christmas party.
Dec. 10th, 2010
Layla and I stood in line patiently, waiting our turn.
With every step I took, inching closer to Santa, she'd grab my arm a little tighter and say,
"No mama, no no!"
I'd then give her a little pep talk and she'd be fine.
I'd take another step and she'd say it again,
"No mama! No!"
It finally was our turn and as I went to put her on Santa's lap to clung
onto every bit of me. Including my hair.
I was saying under my breath,
"Hurry up Lance! Take the dang picture!"
She survived. But as I picked her back up she said,
"I scared mama. No Santa."
Am I horrible for making her do this or what?!


9 comments:
She looks TERRIFIED! I love it... so cute ha
Congrats on the boy!! They are super fun and super energetic so get those running shoes ready. Happy late birthday!! I remember being scared to death of Santa as a little girl and of your Grandpa Bill. hehehe He got kicked in the face by a horse one time and had a black eye. It totally freaked me out. I'm not scared anymore though!! hehehe Merry Christmas!!
HAHA ADORABLE!!!! :)
lol! I freaking love it! and big CONGRATS for your baby boy!!! and Happy Birthdy! i LOVE my kindle!
awe sad!!
You look so cute and skinny still!!
Mrs. Jessie..E.V.E.R.Y. MAMMA DOES THIS..have to have the pic with Santa..no matter the face!!! SOO precious..even with that red,MAD face..she's STILL a DOLL!!!
I remember that when you were a baby and a little girl, you were awful to take to get a picture. You would not smile. It would take forever to get one good shot. Then magically one day, you loved the camera. I think it was when we got our first video camera, the kind you hold on your shoulder. Poor Miss Layla! Grandma would have saved her.
One day she will be excited. We have all our girls crying with Santa and we have Anna screaming with the easter bunny. Some how we feel these moments are vital to their childhood. Next year she will be excited and you will have a scared little boy!
Sooo cute, she is adorable!! Don't feel bad my boys are the same way and i still put them on his lap because its fun to have pictures of them!! Merry Christmas!!
Post a Comment