8.21.2010

eventful week

"one is pretty easy, two isn't that bad, three... well, you just don't go anywhere!"

My mother said that to me after I had Layla.
I had questioned her about the difference it would be from traveling around with only two.
Then we had three.
(Lance Me and Layla)
Hope that makes sense.
Meaning adjusting to having one child isn't to bad, maybe even after having the second, but three is a different story.
Get where I'm going?

And no, I'm not about to have twins.

Our cousin, Ashley, recently got a new teaching job and she asked me if I would watch her kids until she found someone permanent. I gladly accepted, not knowing exactly what I was in for.

The first couple days were challenging, which I expected.
But just like everything, after figuring out each of the their schedules, I did it!
I made it through the week with three kids under 3!
I even got up the nerve to load all their car seats up and run some errands.


   
{the Saturday before, I made sure to spend a lot of one on one time with Layla. We did little pedicures. I didn't know how she'd handle having two more around but she did pretty good.}

{here they all are, destroying Sue's living room.}

Layla.Kade.Alyssa

{yes, Layla is trying to sit on poor little Kade. There was a lot of refereeing going on}



{we also started doing piggy tails. she looks more like a toddler when I do them.}

{and long, fun baths at the end of the day.}



{I found her doing this a lot during the week. It was like she needed to get away from everyone. So she'd grab a book and sit behind the armorer (sp?) door. But only until Kade would find her!}

4 comments:

Unknown said...

haha! i love that hiding picture! You are so brave! I try to take Mason to the grocery store and its a wreck!

The Millers said...

I am doing the same thing too. My sister-in-law asked me to watch her 2 girls and man it is tough. At the end of the first day Mason and the youngest girl both had little bruises from little jelious tifts! Good luck

Shellie said...

Oh Layla looks so grown up with her piggy tails! I can't believe how fast she's growing. We've got to skype more!!! Luv you guys!

Kayla said...

Oh man! Looks like an adventure! haha I love the pic of Layla trying to sit on Kade. She is to funny with the little smirk on her face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...