1.01.2013

Our Layla is 4 years old!!

Dear Layla,
 
I seriously can't believe you are 4 years old today!
I remember so vividly the day you were placed in my arms.
You were so beautiful, and have continued to get more and more beautiful ever since.
 
 
You have so many wonderful traits.
You love to sing.
Right now your favorite songs are:
Pontoon, but you call it "Motorboatin" by Littly Big Town
We Are Never Getting Back Together by Taylor Swift
Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepson
and anything
Carrie Underwood (you're totally my daughter!)
You got a karaoke machine this year for your birthday, and you are a natural entertainer.
You've got the moves and all!
 
Speaking of moves,
you are in your first year of dance, tap and tumbling.
So far you love it, and I love watching you learn.
It's adorable.
I can't wait until your recital in May!
 
You are such a wonderful big sister!
You take such good care of Marx and Lily. A couple weeks ago you came with me
to take Marx to his 18 month check-up. You were suppossed to help me
hold his hands while he received his immunizations.
Well, when he got them and started screaming, you started screaming too.
You were so concerned about him and did not like seeing him in pain.
And you've become quite the baby whisperer with Miss Lily.
I'll place her in your arms wide awake, come check on you, and she'll be sound
asleep in your arms. It's so adorable.
 
You are hilarious!
This is something you get from your daddy. You say the funniest things,
and we all get a good laugh from you everyday. I think that is such a wonderful
trait. To be able to make people laugh.
 
You don't meet a stranger.
Anywhere and everywhere we go, you are trying to strike up conversations with
total strangers. Everyone we walk by you say hello and ask them their names.
Such a people person! That also is a wonderful trait!
 
You love watching movies and cartoons.
Your favorites are Curious George, Word World, Spongebob, all the Disney Princess
movies, Batman, Hulk, and any other superhero cartoon (you watch those with your dad), Phineas and Ferb, and Madagascar Movies. You could be a little actress, you're very good at memorizing
the lines in the movies and saying them word for word.
 
You LOVE your babies.
I haven't counted them recently, but if I had to guess, you easily have over 30
barbies. You'd rather play with your dad than with me when it comes to the barbies
because you both have such great imaginations. I'm pretty boring to play with. I'd
rather just play with their hair :) But you could play with them for hours. And you'll even
talk in the valley girl voice when playing with them. It's hilarious. And definitely not something
you learned from me!
 
You are such a blessing to our lives. Your dad and I often wonder what we
ever did before you were born. You're the best little entertainer.
Thank you for all the laughs and all the love you bring to our family.
You're quite the sassy frass, but you've got a lot of love too.
I think you tell me at least a dozen times a day that you love me.
Something I'll always cherish.
 
Happy 4th Birthday sweet girl!
We love you to pieces!!
 
Love,
Your Proud Mommy
 



2 comments:

susieQ said...

Happy 4th Birthday Beautiful Miss Layla!!!

susieQ said...

Happy 4th Birthday Beautiful Miss Layla!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...