1.03.2013

Lily Hazel Spiers

Sunday, December 16th, 2012
9:15 PM
7lbs. 3oz.
19 1/4 inches long
Her little head measuring 13 3/4 inches
 
Here's how it all went down!
 
I had been having contractions for a couple days. But nothing consistent, and I could talk through them, so I knew I wasn't in actual labor labor, but I also knew something was happening.
I was experiencing things I hadn't experienced with Layla or Marx (since I was induced with both).
Sunday morning I woke up at about 6:30 AM to use the restroom and when I got out of bed I had my first really hard contraction that took me to my knees. To be honest, I didn't think much of it, I just got up and went on my way. And since I wasn't comfortable in bed, I decided to go ahead and shower. I hadn't planned on going to church because Layla was sick, but then I thought, "I better go, once Lily's born, I won't be going for awhile." So I got ready for church. And yes, I was still having contractions.
 
Anyways, I went to church, and in the 3rd hour of church I knew I was in labor. I was having very consistent contractions, and I was starting to have to breathe to get through them. BUT, I didn't want to bring a new baby home to a sick baby, so I went home and immediately took Layla to the after hours clinic. After waiting 45 min. I told the receptionist that we NEEDED to see the doctor because I was in labor. (in the mean time I had text Lance and told him to call his brother and sis-in-law and make sure they were at the house when I got home. And to finish packing my bags.) They got us right back, checked Layla, diagnosed her with bronchitis, wrote out a perscription and we were on our way to pick up daddy.
 
When we got home, I helped Lance pack up our bags and we left the house around 5:00PM. We checked in at 5:25PM. It felt like an eternity for them to get all my paper work done, check me, hook me up to monitors, and actually admit me (I was a 4 when this all happened)! Then they said I had to receive a WHOLE bag of fluids before I could get an epidural. I wasn't to happy about that, since I was in a lot of pain already. So at 7:10PM, to help with the pain, they gave me stadol. It helped me relax for about 30 min. THEN my water broke. On it's own. And I knew right then it was all going to happen really fast from then on out. (because of my previous labors) So by 8:00PM I'm begging for an epidural. They gave me one. It's didn't work. So they gave me another...
It didn't work. By 9:00PM, I was hurting so bad. My contractions were right on top of each other. Poor Lance, to help me get through them, apparently I dug the back of his head. It was bad.
 
At about 9:10PM my nurse came in a said, "I think we better check you." And I wanted to say, "YOU THINK?!?" I also wanted to say, "Don't you dare touch me!" So, she checks me and says, "Oh my gosh. Baby is right there. Get the doctor!" At this point, I NEEDED to push. The nurse wouldn't let me, infact she practically held Lily inside of me, until my doctor came in. Once he arrived, I pushed once, out came her head, I pushed again, well, half pushed, and out came the rest of  her, @ 9:15PM.
I can't even tell you how relieved I was to have her out!!
 
It took me about 5-10 min. to stop crying.
It hurt so bad, but it was such an amazing experience.
BUT
not something I want to experience again!!
 
Ever since they placed Lily in my arms I've been head over heels in love with her.
It's so amazing how much your heart grows with each little one.
Her older sister and brother feel the same way about her too.
 
 {trying to get through contractions while the nurses take their sweet time admitting me}

 {finally admitted, feeling really scared, and missing my mom}



 {if it wasn't for this guy, I don't know if I could have done it. I love him}





 
Now time for chaos!!
 


2 comments:

Dave and Alisha said...

What a cute name. What a cute baby. what a cute mom. Too much cuteness!!! Congrats youre awesome!

Kay's said...

Jess she is adorable!! CONGRATS to all of you!! your such a cute little family and your such a good little mommy!! Kids are Great and enjoy, everyone said 3 was a hard adjustment but it really has been fairly good, so hopefully it stays being like that!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...