9.04.2012

Layla-ism

Our 3 1/2 year old is hil.ar.i.ous!
Seriously, she keeps us laughing.

One day I'm listening in on her and Marx playing in their room. She says, "No pol-ee-th off-i-thers! Don't you dare take my brotherths sippy cup!"

A couple weekends ago, on a Saturday morning she wanted donuts for breakfast. Her wish was granted. We had quite a few donut holes left so we put them away. The next morning she pointed to them and said, "Mom, can I have some of those butt-holes for breakfast?" She was as serious as could be. She really thought they were called "butt-holes." Sheesh!

We've been reading the scriptures with her regularly. She'll say, "Mom, Nephi is going to go get the plates so that we can eat our food huh?"

Last night, as I was lotioning her up after her bath, she noticed a tampon under my bathroom cupboard. She grabbed it and asked, "OMG mom, is this a popsicle!" I just laughed and said, "Go ask your daddy!"

While we were in Florida, she asked her 16 yr old cousin, Nathan, if she could sleep in his bed with him. I told her that boys have cooties and she wouldn't want to sleep with him. He added, "Yeah, and I fart a lot." She then says, "It's ok, I fart too!" Wonderful Layla.

When we went go cart riding, she happily would yell, "I love goat ridin!"

I love this stage in her life. She's been such a sweet big sister, that loves looking out for her brother and helping out her mama. She'll get stuck on something and work on it until she has it PERFECT, like, snapping her fingers... she worked on that the whole time we were in Utah, and now, she's perfect at it. Or blowing a bubble with her gum. For a few days there I was worried gum was going to get stuck in the carpet somewhere, because she'd blow so hard that it'd fly out of her mouth, but not now, now she can blow some pretty great bubbles. And now, she's working on standing on her head. It's an everyday all day thing she does, and she get's so frustrated when she falls over. I have a feeling she'll get it in no time!

She's so full of surprises. I just love her to pieces.

3 comments:

Darren + Janessa said...

hahah oh she is darling!!!!
OMG! is this a popsicle! Classic.

Chase and Nahomi said...

So funny!! I love this stage too! So entertaining:)! She is adorable!!

Stan & Ash said...

Love all the updates!
Reading all about layla makes me not so sad about Winnie growing up! I am sure each stage is so fun in different ways.
Glad you guys had such a fun time in Utah. And also glad you are home now! Being away from our hubbys is always so hard.
I will give you all our girl names for all your boy names! We had so many girl names we loved and now that its a boy we once again can't agree on anything!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...