9.18.2012

A surprise weekend getaway!

For our Labor Day weekend we were headed to Picayune because Lance was on call. Or so I thought! (and it was totally fine with me because we'd been locked up all week in our house due to Hurricane Isaac). So anyway, Lance had taken that Friday off because he had worked so many hours during the week, that he actually had to. The hurricane really kept him away from home.
 
He got up early to go work out, I finished packing, then started nagging him by text to get home cause, "we needed to get on the road so Layla and I would make it to our dentist appointments!" He finally gets home and is in no hurry to get going. So once again, "Babe! We really need to get going! I don't want to be late for our appointments!"
 
He just smiled and said, "Ah yeah, about that. You don't have a dentist appointment this morning, I cancelled it and rescheduled it for another day." Then he proceeds to say, "But we still need to get on the road, make sure you have your swimsuits packed and towels." So now I'm thinking, "where the heck are we going?" (because he wouldn't tell me) "do I have everything we need?" "do I have the right clothes for certain occasions we may be going on?" "what about the kids clothes?!!!!" I was kind of a nervous wreck.
 
He assured me that I had packed perfectly, and we'd all be just fine. Afterall, we wouldn't be to far away from a Wal-Mart if we needed something. I thought, "Fewww... at least we'll be close to civilization!"
 
So here's the rest of the story in Instagrams...
(sorry for those who follow me on instagram, I know you've already seen the pics!)
 
 
 1. All snuggled up, having no clue where we're going
2. First stop: Popeye's Chicken and Biscuits
3. Still not sure where we're going
4. Destination: Destin, FL (our cute little beach house)
5. Layla and I on the beach
6. Marx and I on a walk (he was pointing to the ocean)
7. Marx alseep @ the beach
8. Aquarium at Bass Pro Shop
9. Shopping @ Destin Commons
 
 
1. Splash pad at Destin Commons
2. Cute little beach bum
3. Fireworks @ the Harbor Walk
4. Layla building her bear with Uncle Greg
5. Layla with her bear, "Ally"
6. Goat ridin, as Layla calls it
7. More goat riding
8. Leaving Florida
9. Our exhausted kids!

The weekend before all of this, I had kind of got on Lance's case for poor date planning. We had needed a date so badly, and he made all the plans last minute.
I am not a last minute girl!
I love plans!!

So I have to say, he totally redeemed himself with this getaway!
Destin is special to us, it's where he proposed to me 6 years ago, so of course,
it's always so nice to go back.
I just fell in love with him over and over again on the trip.
It brought back so many great memories!
 
Greg and Amanda, (brother and sister-in-law) and my wonderful in-laws also made this trip with us. We had so so much fun with them. And now we're thinking we'll make it a yearly tradition!
Thanks ya'll for the great time!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...