8.14.2011

i felt so honored to watch vernal's finest return back to his home

USMC Daniel Gurr passed away August 5th, 2011.
He was only 21 years old, and he was fighting for our freedom.

I didn't know him personally, but I grew up with his older sister, and from
what I have read, he was an amazing young man.
The feeling I felt watching him return home can not be described.
It was chilling.
Seeing our community come together and welcome him home was awesome.
It brought tears to everyone's eyes.

Thank you Daniel for your sacrifice.
You will never be forgotten.





you can see the marine that was his escort all the way home.
he's sitting in the passenger seat.
what an honor that must have been.





there were nearly 1400 flags put out on the roads that would lead to the church where his funeral was held.
it was beautiful.

To read more on Sgt. Daniel Gurr click here.

1 comment:

susieQ said...

Mrs.Jessie..
What a beautiful tribute. God Bless his family in this time of sorrow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...