7.15.2010

The Large Mouth Bass

For Lance, I think the best thing about Ryan and Misty coming to visit is that he got a whole week off of work and got to go fishing every morning with his Dad and brothers.
(ok, I'm exaggerating a little, it wasn't every morning, but pretty close.)
So, this particular morning Mr. Preston had all his boys with him, but one.
I think it was pretty special to him, so special that I got up at 5 o'clock in the AM to snap this picture.
(they all moaned when I got the camera out, but I had stayed up the night before making them blueberry muffins, so they had no choice but to smile!)
Someday, I know, they'll all thank me for taking this picture!
But this particular morning...
I had texted Lance to see how everything was going and if they were having fun.

He replyed with:
"OMG this is the best fishing trip ever!"
(or something to that nature.)
Then, when they got home, I got to see why.

Look at his fish!
I won't go into details on how he caught it, because he tells the story far better than I do.
All I know is that once he got it realed in, he jumped on top of it so it wouldn't get away.
The day was 7-9-2010.
Large Mouth weighing around 8lbs.
(that's more than our baby weighed when she was born!)

He was so so so proud.
We (as in Misty, Ryan, and I) heard about it all the way to dinner and a movie.
Of course, the first thing he said when we walked out of the movie was, "I miss my fish."
Such a man.

Anyway, right now it's in the freezer outside, waiting to be mounted.
Wonderful huh.
{sigh}

Here Brad is with Lance's bass
along with the 20+ bass they caught.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Men and their "men" stuff. Tay is the same way...

Whit

Braiden & Sharon Willey said...

Haha well good for him! Im sure it was so exciting, Braiden tells me every time we pass any body of water how he wants to go fishing so bad!

Lauren Tatton said...

Fun for the boys! They are big!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...