So, I have a bit of a confession to make. For those of you who know, I got a wonderful new camera for my birthday. After playing with it for a week, and learning what I could, I wasn't happy with the results of my pictures. Not that they were bad, but the lighting was a bit orange, and sometimes they'd be out of focus. And when you have an 11 month old, you need your camera to be able to keep up with her. Anyway, last weekend, Lance and I were at Sam's Club and I just happened to pick up the Nikon D3000. I played around with it for a bit and was amazed at the quality of pictures. I instantly fell in love (and I think Lance did too). So I decided, if I'm going to get a new camera I might as well do it right the first time. I sold my newest camera to my brother-in-law, Brad, and the next day I picked up this one...

So yeah, any spare time I get, guess what I'm doing? Learning and snapping, learning and snapping. Here's a few pics.
Lance got his Christmas present a few days early this year. It's a Kimber 1911. He is so proud of this gun. I'm a firm believer of receiving your presents on Christmas, but this just isn't something I can pick out, and if he doesn't like it, he can return it.
Priceless moments...














7 comments:
I love that last picture of Layla and Lance! I hope she feels better for Christmas.
Oh Jess! I wish I could be closer to you guys!! I'm glad we have the blogs. I hope Layla gets feeling better soon...teething isn't fun for anybody! We love you guys and miss you tons!
That last one of her and her daddy is so adorable! Gotta love when you capture moments like that!
Lance and Layla's picture is perfect! It's our new favorite.
Jess don't you just love high qualitly cameras to take perfect pictures of your little ones we have one also and love it!! Doesn't the cold season suck my boys both have colds also dang cold weather, hope they all get better soon!!
Jessie, I love you blog! Layla is so darling and its fun to see your pictures on your sidebar - seriously she has to be the most alert, beautiful 2 day old baby ever!
I'm glad you got your camera, that's a really nice one! We'll have to do a playdate at the zoo sometime; there are lots of good places to take photos of the kids there.
Merry Christmas!
Jody
Post a Comment