It was a Sunday.
We had gone to church, come home and ate lunch, then all laid down to take a nap.
I was the last to wake up, around 4:30. I was waiting on my mother to call me so we could facetime with my family.
The weather was bad, it had been all day, but it wasn't anything we weren't used too.
We did have tornado warnings, but again, nothing we weren't used too.
My friend, Beth, text me around 5:00.
She said, "If you haven't heard on the news, a tornado is headed this way!! Be prepared!"
I read the text to Lance, he changed the channel to the news, I gathered the kids and put them in the bathtub with the crib mattress over them.
Lance wasn't coming fast enough, so I ran out to get him, he was in our back yard, and there it was. About a half mile away from our house. BIG, black, and scary. It was moving so fast that we then ran through the house to watch it in the front yard. It ripped apart our beautiful town of Hattiesburg.
This was a big beautiful brick home. Squashed.
I haven't even seen all the damage yet. But the damage I have seen I am just amazed.
Amazed that no one was killed. The Lord was watching over us that day.
The clean up started right away, but I took these pictures a week from that day at our bishops house.
They had 190+ trees down around their house. Again, amazing.
I have a whole new respect for mother nature now. After living without power for 24+ hours I realize how unprepared we are! I have my behind in gear now. We are getting prepared.
(and I'm silently praying we'll eventually end up in Utah)
This just hit way to close to home.





3 comments:
So scary! I can't even imagine! I'm glad you are safe and sound.
How terrifying. I've been in a tornado before, but not in my own home and it didn't get nearly as close. So glad you guys are safe!
Oh my goodness! This is amazing, The Lord truly was watching over all of you. God speed take care!
Post a Comment