Our little man is 18 months old now,
and he's still a little booger...
but a cute one!
This is pretty much how our little photo session went last night...
Sheesh... we made it to 18 months! You are our little stud. But, a grumpy little stud. It seems to be one thing after another with you. You start to be so happy, then you start cutting your "i" teeth, or you start transitioning from 2 naps to one, OR the time changes and it messes up your whole schedule. It's crazy what one hour will do! Don't worry, I still love you to pieces, but you've really taught me some patience! Seriously!
You are a boy through and through. You climb everything that can be climbed, you take bowls out of the cupboard and bang on them, you crash over your toys, you run your little walker toy into the walls and doors, you love to wrestle with your sister and daddy, you love throwing a ball, or playing with balls, you can destroy a room in a matter of seconds, you love the remote, and you even walk around the house with your hand in your diaper. Like I said, a boy, through and through.
You have started the transition from 2 naps to 1. It's still a little rough. Specially with the time change. You'll wake up at 6 or 6:30, which is your normal 7 or 7:30, so by 10:30 you're exhausted. But then they'll be a couple days out of the week that you aren't at all interested in a nap in the morning. Hopefully we'll get that all figured out soon, like in the next 5 weeks before your little sister gets here!
You're not much of a talker yet, but you are trying. You will say, "elp!" Which means, help. You say it a lot, since you're always getting yourself into like predicaments that you can't get out of! You do say aye-a, which is Layla, and dada of course. The only time you say mama, is if you're sad or want something. You're also a great little pointer. Since I can't quite understand what you're trying to tell me, I'll say, "Show me what you want." And you'll take me right to it and point to it. If it's milk, you'll start laughing, but if it's not milk and that's what I think you're saying, you'll scowl at me. So yeah, you have your own little way of communicating with me.
You love love all the Toy Story and Madagascar movies. You have a Woody and Buzz Lightyear and carry them around the house most of the day. You'll even try to laugh like the Woody doll does. And if I need to get something accomplished and you're really clingy, all I have to do it put one of those movies in, and you're glued to the TV.
You are a genius at working the iPad and my phone. You know how to wake up the iPad, you know how to unlock the iPad and you know the exact category to go to, to find the app you want. It's amazing to watch you on it. You are so smart. You're favorite apps are a Toy Story book, Netflix (where you'll watch Dora or Diego), Peekaboo Pets, Talking Tom Cat, and some of the sing-a-long apps.
You a pretty good little eater. The only fruit I can get you to eat though is a banana. You LOVE bananas. Every once in a while you'll eat a grape, but those days are few are far between. You will usually eat whatever we're eating, but mostly the protein part. You're not much of a carb eater. Like you don't really care for bread, biscuits, stuff like that. Which is totally crazy to me! You love cheese and turkey for lunch, and you love a certain brand of animal crackers that you're Grandma Shellie sends you all the way from Utah. You also love pretzel sticks. So yeah, you're pretty easy to please.
You love when your daddy walks in the door from work. It's absolutely adorable when he opens the door. I'll say, "Marx! Who's here?" And you take off to the door, screaming, "dadadada!" Then the rest of the evening, you're his little side kick.
We get so many compliments on your white hair. Everyone around here loves it. As do I. I really hope it stays that way, but I'm sure it will get darker. They call you a cotton top. And I love to style it into a little fo-hawk (sp?) You'll get compliments on that too, specially at church.
You're eyes are still as blue as blue can get. I believe those will stay with you. You get that from your handsome daddy and papa. I have to be careful... you'll look at me and it's easy to let you get away with anything!
You are my little buddy. You're just a stud to me. Every time I look at you I'm amazed at how much you look like your daddy and how adorable you are. Your daddy and I are so blessed that our Heavenly Father sent you to us. I'm so worried that when baby sister comes, you'll all the sudden become this big boy. And I'm sure you will. I just don't want you to grow up to fast.
We love you Marx. Thank you for all the love and joy you bring into our home.
Love,
You're proud mama


No comments:
Post a Comment