Peppermint
Peppermint is popular in countless forms- from toothpaste to chewing gum. As an essential oil, it is used to ease breathing and as a digestive aid.
I use peppermint daily. I begin each morning by putting it along with my Wild Orange in my diffuser. The two oils together create a homeostasis state, meaning, it's putting your body and mind in a calm balanced state. I do notice the mornings that I do diffuse it and I don't diffuse it, in myself and my children. The peppermint is also a wonderful refresher, so those mornings that I just can't get out of bed (which feels like most mornings these days) I will put a drop under my tongue or simply take a deep breath of it. It's wonderful!
I've also used it in so many other ways! One night I had a little case of heart burn, all I did was rub it on my chest and it was gone within 30 secs. When my children run a fever, I rub peppermint on their feet and spine, it brings it right down. Now there have been times that I did do both Motrin and peppermint because I'm so scared of fever, but I'm learning to trust the oils and my childrens bodies and let the peppermint do it's work along with their bodies. It's ok if their running a 99 degree fever. That's the bodies way of fighting infection. After all, what did people do when they didn't have tylenol and motrin?! So I just make sure to continue the peppermint every half hour until the fever comes down. Much better for my kids than synthetic drugs. Now, let me be very clear. I am thankful for modern medicine, and in many cases I feel it's very necessary to take modern medicine, BUT, generally, doTERRA Essential Oils do work. I've been using them for a little over a year now, and I've seen so many amazing things that they've done for myself and my family. And I feel it's very important to share it with my family and friends. Back to peppermint! I've also used it when I've had headaches that I just can't get rid of, by rubbing it on my temples and my neck. It works wonders!
Other possible uses for Peppermint:
-nausea
-colic
-depression
-fatigue
-food poisoning
-hives
-irritable bowel syndrome
-morning sickness
-soothe and cool skin
-toothaches
-tuberculosis
-hot flashes
-fever
-flu
-varicose veins
-diarrhea
If you have any questions, feel free to ask! My email is ljspiers@gmail.com or LTS_28@yahoo.com


No comments:
Post a Comment