3.06.2012

Marx - 10 months old

Dear Marx,

It's hard to believe that in just 2 months you'll be 1 year old! Talk about a year that flew by! (well, I say that, but then I think about the crying, colicy, teething, sad little baby you've been and it's seems like a lifetime!) But really, turning 1 is just around the corner!! I'm still trying to figure out what kind of birthday theme to do for you. Right now I'm thinking an Incredibles theme since everyone calls you Jack Jack. We'll just have to see what I can come up with!

This last month you actually had 2 weeks out of it that you were extremely happy. You only cried when you were hungry or tired and I enjoyed those 2 weeks SO SO much. It was amazing how much I was able to get done. Then one morning you woke up really sad with your fingers in your mouth. You were just a chewing away at them. Since then, you've been the Marx I've known for the past 10 months. Teething is just rough on you. I'm sorry bud.

You've started taking steps!! You'll take about 4 steps at a time then just dive into mine or your daddy's arms. Sometimes you'll dive into your sister too. It won't be long and you'll be walking. And I can't wait!! I think you'll be much happier being able to keep up with your sister and do most of the things she does.

You love food! Now that we let you try just about anything, you're not too interested in baby food. But you will eat it if I'm not offering anything else. I think your favorite the past month has been waffles. When you see one on your plate, you get so excited!

You're sleeping schedule is still great. You take two naps a day. One @ 10:30AM and another around 2:30 or 3:00PM. And you sleep through the night. There was a few nights that you started waking up, but I decided you're old enough you cry it out. The first few nights you cried for a while. Now, if you do wake up, you'll cry for about 30 sec and decide it's not worth it and go back to sleep. But it only happens every once in a while. I can tell when it's a "hurting" cry or just a "i want mommy cry" So depending on the cry, depends on when I come in and comfort you or not.

You and your sister have a ball together. I think she's the only one that can make you giggle and cry in a 30 sec. time frame. But you still love her to pieces. She loves taking care of you and constantly says, "Watch mommy, I can be a good big sister to brother!" Or if you get caught up somewhere, whether it be with your little walker, or you've crawled yourself into a rut, she's always there to get you out.

You wave bye bye, and when you do it you say, "ba ba ba ba." Still saying mamama, and have actually said dadada a quite a few times. When daddy works with you, you really concentrate and you'll spit out, "badadabadada." So it's a mixture of bye bye and da da. It's cute.

I can no longer keep things on our end tables or on the bottom two shelves of our bookshelf. You destroy EVERYTHING. Your such a little boy. And you clean out the cabinets daily. Making noise and banging on stuff is totally your thing. I love watching you when you discover something new and just observe at it. Makes me gather my thoughts and put things into perspective. I forget the beauty in simple things. You're already teaching me so much!

You're such a little momma's boy and I'm cherishing every little bit of it. I realize someday you'll be to busy to let mommy hold, love and kiss on you. A part of me is so ready to be done nursing, but when I'm actually laying in bed nursing you, or nursing and cuddling you at nap time, I'm actually not ready to give it up. Soon enough you'll be a toddler and not a baby, so I'll keep it that way for a few more months.

I love you little man. I fall in love with your little feet, hands, blue eyes, button nose, platium hair, little grin day after day. I just love you to pieces! Happy 10 months!

Love,
Your proud mommy



 

2 comments:

Keisha said...

I can't believe marx is almost a year old!!

Before I forget... I use a Canon t2i camera and I use either my 50 mm lens (which is what I used my last two posts) or I have a tamron lens is like 24-70 mm. But I definitely definitely think the 50 mm is a must in any camera bag- especially with a price tag of only like $100.

Shellie said...

Can't wait to see him and give him lost of hugs and kisses!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...