5.13.2011

the past two weeks...

..have actually been pretty good.
considering having a newborn and all.

our little princess wasn't quite a princess the first week.
she was very very good to her little brother, smothering him with kisses all day every day,
but not so sweet to lance and me.
she even started getting a little sassy toward her grandma.
now, she did give marx a couple battle wounds, when we weren't watching,
but her whole world has changed because of him, so we try not to be to hard on her.

i'm constantly reminding myself that she isn't all grown up just because we have a newborn now.
she is only 2, she still needs our love and attention
and she still isn't going to listen to everything we tell her to do.
that's where the big deep breaths come in for me!

but in all, she's been a great big sister.



now our little man is a great newborn.
i don't know how i've been blessed with 2 great sleepers,
and i hope i'm not jinxing myself writing about it.

he's actually pretty alert during the day, of course taking occasional little naps,
and only wakes up once a night to eat.
usually around 3.
then he sleeps till about 7:30.

i have to give my big sis credit for it though.
 she stressed for me to put layla on a schedule when she was a newborn,
and i've done the same with marx.
 i do believe it has a lot to do with them being such great sleepers.

and i can't believe he's already 2 weeks old today.


lance had to go back to work yesterday.
i LOVE when he's home with us. am i a normal wife? normal that i hated having him go back to work?
we had so much fun with him, specially Layla.

now i just need to cherish this last week with my mom here...

{sigh}

6 comments:

Jillian said...

I love when Beau is home too... My cousin always teases me and says "those 2 lovebirds are still in their newlywed stage" even though we been together for 6 years. I hope my first 2 weeks with my little one go as smooth as yours have. Your kids are just gorgeous!

Barbara said...

Marx is just precious and I know yall are so proud to have him. I hope to see him soon in person and not just pics. Love you all!

Aunt Barbara

Stan & Ash said...

Awe I'm like you I wish stayton never had to leave to go to work!!!
Your so lucky that you have another great sleeper, take it from a mother who's baby didn't start sleeping good until this week!
Marx is adorable! I am glad you are adjusting well to have two little munchkins to look after! I am sure Layla will continue to get more adjusted.
Enjoy your last few days with you mom!

Kandice said...

I need to check blogs more often. I am glad your little guy made it safe and sound.
that is great your mom was there to help out too!
Your little girl is adorable, and I can tell that sweet baby boy is pretty good lookin' himself!

ps-I learned the schedule/sleep thing...but not until my 3rd and last baby...but boy was it wonderful!

Lauren Tatton said...

2 cte babies! Your Awesome! I'm glad he is sleeping good!

Unknown said...

such beautiful kids!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...