5.01.2011

4.29.2011

Here's how it all went down:
5:00AM- Lance and I arrived at the hospital, I was admitted, and then relaxed as I watched the royal wedding. My contractions were coming about every 5 minutes, but weren't to bad.
7:00AM- Started me on the Pitocin. Yowza!
10:00AM- I was checked and only at a 3.
12:00PM- The doctor broke my water.
12:30- I recieved my epidural.
1:00PM- I learned what a "hot spot" was. My legs, toes, and bum were completely numb. But the spot where it really needed to be numb...my pelvic area and all, were not numb. The doctor called it a "hot spot," where sometimes the nerves just aren't hit right, therefore it won't numb. OMG! I then realized I was going to feel everything. The next three hours were the worst!
1:15-3:00- Let's just say I was in a lot of pain. Thank goodness for my husband that was on my right and my mother that was on my left. They both held my hand, and my mother would look me in the eye and tell me to focus, relax, and let my body do what it needed to do. I kept telling her that I couldn't do it. With her encouragement, I somehow made it through each contraction, that by the way, were right on top of each other.
3:30PM- I was checked again and at a 7. I knew then that it would go fast. When I got to a 7 with Layla, I was ready to push in no time.
3:59PM- I told the nurse that I HAD to push. HAD TOO!
4:04PM- The doctor told me to stop pushing, but I could not stop, I had to get that little guy out. So the doc gave me the go ahead, and out he came! Pushing only lasted 5 minutes, and our little, adorable guy entered this world. I cried and cried and cried. Although I am totally for an epidural, it was an amazing experience that I wouldn't trade for a very numb delivery. I could not believe that I did it.

Since then, we've enjoyed every second he's been here. He's got the sweetest little cry and the longest little toes. We were able to come home last night. I put him down at 11:00PM, he woke up at 2:00AM to eat, and then didn't wake up again until 7:30AM to eat again. Awesome!














14 comments:

The Millers said...

Oh my goodness! How precious! I cant believe that your epidural didnt work properly, I'm sorry. Congrats. He is handsome!

Dave and Alisha said...

He is so precious.. and you look great! Congrats!

susieQ said...

I think he's smiling at his BIG sister!!! HE resembles her,too!! WoW...He's absolutely GORGEOUS!!! CONGRATS to you and Lance and Miss Layla!!!
XO XO XO

Braiden & Sharon Willey said...

Im glad to hear everything turned out well! The SAME EXACT thing happened to me when I had Ethan. Layla looks completely in love, he is beautiful, and you look AMAZING!! Congratulations again to you all!

Stan & Ash said...

Alright how cute do you look for jut having a baby!!! Not fair!!
Round of applause to you for being so strong without an epideral! I know a bit how that feels since I didn't have anything till I was a 7, be glad at least your legs were numb cause that was the worst for me! I can't imagine having to go past a 7! I'm so happy you enjoyed it(mostly right) and that you were able to do it! You seriously deserve an award!
Also is your husband wearing an auburn hat!!!! If so I didn't know you were Auburn fans! Yay!!
Marx is adorable and Layla looks so cute with him.
I'm glad everyone is healthy and so glad your Mom was able to be there with you!
Congrats congrats!

Stevenson Stories said...

Congrats! He is adorable. Looks like Layla is catching on already. Awesome. Hope he keeps sleeping well for you.

The Mortons said...

Congrats to you and your family.. he is adorable! You really do look so great after having a baby.. not far at all, haha. I love the pictures with him and Layla.. so precious!

Kay's said...

Congrats!! He is precious and adorable!! You are a strong women with having to feel everything, Layla is so cute with him!! You will LOVE having 2 kids, it's a BLAST!!

The Fab 5 said...

Congrats! He's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Don't you hate it when you tell the doc one thing and they won't LISTEN?? How can you NOT push! That feeling is so scary and not one that can be properly described or understood until you've been there...so WAY TO GO!!! WOOT WOOT I told you that you could do it. I love you and am OH SO PROUD! Can't wait to see you!

The Chivers said...

So excited for you guys! He looks like he belongs that's for sure!

Binghams said...

good job jesse, he is one cute little guy!

Unknown said...

CONGRATS!!! HES BEAUTIFUL!

Keisha said...

been out of the loop for a little bit & I've missed a lot. Congrats on your new little arrival. You are one tough mama to go through all of that (especially thinking you weren't going to feel anything). My hats off to you. So glad you are home and that your mom is there to take care of YOU! Congrats. He's perfect.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...