1.28.2014

Marx is potty trained!!

This is BIG NEWS!
Last Sunday, Jan. 19th I was doing my thing after church..
changing diapers!
When I laid Marx down to change him, he viciously said, "No! Peepee in potty!"
So I said, "Ok! Let's go!" With zero intentions of potty training, because let's face
it, I was not ready to start that.
I scared myself after trying to potty train Layla while I was 9 months pregnant with Marx.
See peed all over my house. 
She wasn't ready, but I was bound and determined to not have 2 babies in diapers.
Well, Marx was born, she wasn't potty trained.
But, then my wonderful mother showed up to help me with my new baby and
my busy 2 year old, and WaLa! Layla was potty trained.
Mostly by her grandmother and her awesome whistle she'd perform
every time she'd potty.

Anyways, about Marx!
It immediately clicked for him. I think he had 2 accidents the next day 
and it was enough for him to realize he did not like it in his underwear.
We had to make a run to Walmart to by more underwear, since we only have 3 pair, 
along with potty treats and stickers.

So I'm pleased to report, this kid is potty trained.
Hallelujah!
Really, in like 3 days, he was trained, but I didn't want to 
jinx him or myself. But it's been just over a week with zero 
accidents since the last couple the day after he started.
He wakes up dry after naps, so we don't do pull-ups
during nap time. We still do pull-ups at night, to save my laundry piles, and sanity,
but he wakes up dry. He's probably ready.

So proud of our Marx!
He's awesome!
And, btw... I firmly believe in waiting until THEY are ready.
He was ready, and he nailed it!





2 comments:

Rachel Rinderknecht said...

Marx is such a cutie and I can't get over his Monsters Inc. undies :) I love reading your blog by the way, you're an awesome mom!

Shellie said...

Just wanna pinch that little tush!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...