7.11.2013

THE Zucchini Brownie Recipe

Now that I am getting the hang of 3 kids, maybe I can find the time to blog again!
I miss it so much...
So to celebrate coming back to the blog world, I want to share with
you the most amazing brownie recipe.
Courtesy of my wonderful mother.
 
Zucchini Brownies
2 cups white flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 cups cocoa
2 cups grated zucchini
1/2 cup canola oil
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup water
 
Mix zucchini and oil together in stand mixer. In separate bowl mix together all the dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients to the zucchini and oil slowly, scraping sides as you go. Once mixed add the vanilla and water. Pour into greased 9x13" pan. Bake for 25 min at 350 degrees.
 
Chocolate Icing
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cups cocoa powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
4-5 TBS. half & half (just enough for desired consistency)
 
Place all ingredients in a stand mixer and mix together with the whipping attachment. Stop mixer, scrape sides, and mix again on medium speed for 2 min. Spread on completely cooled brownies.
 
In my opinion these taste the very best the day after you make them from then on out. I recently made two pans in a week. You will thank me. Promise.

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...